Emotiva ERC-1 CD Players

4.5/5 (4 Reviews) MSRP : $399.00

The ERC-1 CD player is designed to be an audiophile player. Separate, shielded power supplies for the CD carriage, display, and digital and analog sections ensure noiseless operation. Using Analog Devices 1955 DAC, with 384k oversampling, and 1V rms (7V peak for extended dynamics), the ERC-1 will be your guide to rediscovering your CD collection and your love for music. Even the look of the ERC-1 will turn heads, with a sleek faceplate that features a halo-lit slot load mechanism.

Submitted by johnjohn a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 1, 2012

Bottom Line:
I bought the very nice looking ERC2 for a second system and I am very impressed with it. It has great transparency and is engaging to listen to for long periods. It even competes with two other much more expensive players I have in certain respects. My trusted Cambridge 840C and Denon DCD A100 have more low end weight and are more refined on top (especially on classical strings) but surprisingly the ERC is just as detailed and dynamic through my modest $20K system, though most of the time it doesn't sound as lush for whatever reason. Otherwise I have nothing to complain about, save the noisy slot loader. To my ears its best attribute is the relaxed and neutral midrange (not as full as the Denon but rounder than the Cambridge). Based on what I've heard I would say the Emotiva is as good as players in the $800 - $1.2K range (such as the Marantz 8001/8003/8004 and the better NADs, Cambridges and Rotels) and better than most DVD players using switch-mode power supplies regardless of price (including the OPPOs with or without cooling fans). God bless those nice people in Franklin Tennessee for coming up with this bargain of a cd player.

Submitted by John S a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 13, 2011

Bottom Line:
This Emotiva ERC 2 CD Player arrived yesterday ,and I haven,t taken a break listening to my old CDs yet. It,s all new music again, I'm hearing things I never herd before. For the price and warranty you can,t beat it. This unit replaces a CD player costing double the price 10 years ago, would be five times in today's money.

Submitted by Darren a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 23, 2010

Bottom Line:
This os a great unit from a very well thought out company proving quality doesn't have to cost you as much as the home you put it in.
I have to say, this unit will bring out sounds and detail I bet that you have never heard from your current cd player. It even sounds better than a cd played in my blu-ray player.
This unit is worth every penny. You would have to spend twice the amout just to match the sopund and triple to beat the sound. A true must have!

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by dpl35 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 10, 2009

Bottom Line:
This is a review for the Emotiva ERC-1 CD player. I purchased this unit new, and have used for about 2 weeks. I replaced the Rotel RCD-1072, which is a fine player, but I was curious and itching for something new, so I took the plunge.

The ERC-1 is a great looking piece of equipment, and weighs in at 17.5 lbs, heavy for a CD player. This unit does not have a CD tray, but instead has a slit that loads the CD similar to a car stereo. It also has balanced connections, but I am running rca.

As soon as I had this CD player hooked up and loaded my first disc, I was very pleased with the sound. Music is very detailed, great, tight bass, with highs that are not overly bright. All types of music sounded excellent through this player.

In comparison to the Rotel, I would say that the Emotiva is slightly more detailed. And since the Emotiva costs less, I would suggest this player to anyone looking for a very good player that won't break the bank. Plus Emotiva offers a 30 day money back guarantee, so there is no risk in trying this player in your system. As you can tell, I'm very happy with this purchase, a great piece of equipment.

Product model year:   2009