Denon DCM-270 CD Players

3.71/5 (7 Reviews) MSRP : $199.00

Submitted by Dave a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 1, 2017

Bottom Line:
I have had my DCM - 270 for almost 18 years, bought it with a Denon 1000 Watt surround sound system and Boston acoustic speakers!
My buddy said he has the best sounding and loudest speakers he had ever heard, so I invited him over and played some rock! The subwoofer has its own 300 watt amp built in and I turned it up 3/4 of the way! He no longer claims to have the loudest and best sounding system!
Blew his mind and almost his eardrums! I could add a reel to reel system to the receiver, something I hadn’t seen before. I’ve had many systems including Bose and onkyo but the system cost less than the Bose and more than an onkyo and I still continuously use it!
I’m a musician and tone quality is very important! Nice bass too. You can clearly hear bass guitar and the bass drum like they should Sound. If you can get your hands on the denon dcm-270 grab it! I love the fact that you can change out 4 discs while the fifth is playing.
Now to find a turn table so I can play my old albums. Anyone know where I could get a decent Denon turn table please let me know. Thanks Dave

Submitted by Dean Ryan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 17, 2013

Bottom Line:
Brilliant changer, had it for several years, never let me down. Audio is fine for the price.

Submitted by Victor a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 6, 2001

Bottom Line:
I made the mistake of going cheap on a multi-disc player. My wife says she won't even play CD's on it anymore, because of all the skipping. Once I get past the skipping, which is on the first several tracks, there's no problem. However, the random mode is loud and slow.

Purchased At:   Magnolia Hi Fi

Submitted by Eric Massey a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 5, 2001

Bottom Line:
Well I bought this changer at bjorn's in San Antonio where I a/b'd it against two yamaha changers and another changer in the denon line (the 370). Sonically I found them all to be practically identical, however I like the look of the denon better. I also feel the denon has a better user interface and it's nice that it can play a cd while you put a new one in the changer. I chose the 270 over the 370 mainly because it was cheaper; otherwise it's the same as the 370 except for the lack of optical outputs and hdcd decoding. Since both units sounded exactly the same to me I chose the one that was $100 cheaper and haven't had any regrets. Right now I only use this player with my beyerdynamic DT-250 80ohm headphones and the sound is as good as you could expect from any cd player in existence IMO. Excellent product.......

Anyone looking for a good CD player that's does exactly what it's supposed to do (Play CD's back as they were recoded and sound good with headphones), look into this chagner.

Maybe you should look elsewhere if you actually believe you'll get better sound by paying $600 more for a single disc player.

Purchased At:   Bjorn's Audio/Video

Submitted by Nolan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 30, 2000

Bottom Line:
The Denon DCM-270 is a decent sounding player that I picked up at U-bid for $110 plus shipping. It has decent sound and makes a great second system cd-player. I used it as my main system player until I could afford a better one. If you can afford it I would recomend going with a better player ie one with digital output etc.

I have never had any mechanical problems with it as another reviewer stated.