Denon DCD-815 CD Players

4.75/5 (4 Reviews) MSRP : $330.00

Submitted by dusdau a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 27, 2004

Bottom Line:
Price above is a demo unit. I have owned this cd player for a decade now, and have had zero problems with it. Currently using with: Arcam 65 Plus integrated, Paradigm 9se speakers, Audioquest Crystal speaker cables. Employs 20 bit-8x oversampling digital filter. Other reviews are right on in regards to "analog" sound. I tried sacrificing because of the need for one more shelf under my tv, and played audio cds with my sony dvd player. The difference is like night and day. I ended up just putting it on the carpet behind a speaker for now. Technology may have caught up with this unit, but if it can be had in great condition for under $80(in 2004), it would be a great deal.

Purchased At:   Kief's

Submitted by Roy Fung a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 5, 2001

Bottom Line:
I purchased it for more than 5 years. It's still one of the best within this price range.

My configuration as follows:-
A/V Receiver: Denon 1530
CD player: Denon 815
Front Speaker: Paradigm 3seMkIII
Center Speaker: JBL J Center
Rear Speaker: B&W DM302
Subwoofer: Yamaha SW320
DVD player: Toshiba SD-2109

I tried to play CD by my Toshiba DVD player, it's terrible compare with the Denon 815.....

Purchased At:   System One

Submitted by Abby Dees a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 24, 2001

Bottom Line:
This review is several years too late, but I have always had a soft spot for this player and wanted to stop anyone from tossing it, believing it was a useless old deck. STOP!

I a/b'd this thing with every other deck I saw, using top-o-the-line Senn headphones way back when and no-one compared for depth, warmth and richness. This still has to be one of the most analog-sounding players I've heard. I particularly remember noting that no other player could replicate the high breath of cymbals or the string sounds of guitar the way it could.

As a musician, I've especially enjoyed the pitch-control (rare on a CD deck) to help me take down tunes or to correct an incorrectly mastered recording.

I have not yet put this deck up against some of the newer units around, so I'd be interested to know what other people come up with. In the meantime, it's probably safe to say, they don't make em like this anymore.

Purchased At:   Good Guys (when they were still Good)

Submitted by Azhar Khan a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 16, 1999

Bottom Line:
This is an awesome single cd deck. I recieved it from my brother as a gift so i don't even know the actual price, but i would say around $225 or so. But its got great sound quaility all the great features that all cd players have but RANDOM, which really pissed me off at first but i got over it. Besides the lack of random play this is a great player. Oh yeah it also has coaxial digital out which is hard to find on med-range cd players.

Atlantic Technology :