Denon DCD-1560 CD Players

4.79/5 (14 Reviews) MSRP : $650.00

Single Disc Player

Submitted by clemmtec a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2012

Bottom Line:
If you are reading this , this is the cd player to have I have use quite a lot of them
I am using Tosiba sd 9200 when i got that one it sounded very good than the other once that I have
owend and listened to , not until I got the denon and had to test them side buy side.
If you need open sound go for the denon you will be very please with it.
My speakers are wilson audio, amp is mark lev ml 23, pre amp Rotel rc 1090.

Submitted by Stig Lilleaas a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2011

Bottom Line:
Yeah!

Took this machine in use again after it had rested for about 6 months.

In the mean time I have been using a top of the line Pioneer DVD , but after reading about the "1560" yeasterday, I opend it , cleaned the lense ang gave the old Denon a try...!

And what t a difference!

I smiled,smiled and smiled, the whole system sounded so much better .

Dept,wideness ,up and down, front and fare in.......!
I knew it was good, but I never tought it was this raw compeard to a upper range DVD.

If you find one , buy it!

The Denon DCD-1560 is capabel to dance with fare more sofisticated machines out there!

Hope this machine will last fore many years.

I have to inform you that I`m using a superb "Black Rhodium Illusion" RCA cable whith bullet plugs, give this cable a try, it lifted the sound many shelfs higher r than a standard cable

Submitted by Audiopurist a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 25, 2005

Bottom Line:
I must agree, the sound of the DCD-1560 is a bit sterile, but still sounds better than a lot of players costing twice as much, even at today's standard. No surface mounted device is used in this player, so modification is easier and better parts can be installed. I've done just some basic upgrades, such as the op amps with the AD-826 - this makes a dramatic difference in sound - detail, clarity, dynamic and smooth. I've also relaced the resistors in the signal path with 1% metal film. The power supply is beefed up with additional capacitors for better filtering. I will be addressing the clock and a few more upgrades. Overall the player is solidly built and still sounds better than spending $1500 for one of the newer inferior models. I'll keep you updated on the next modification.

Purchased At:   NJ

Submitted by jukeboxtheater a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 28, 2005

Bottom Line:
I have to admit that I'm not a big fan of Denon cd players (receivers and DVD players are another matter...). There's nothing offensive about their sound, which is typically sweet and unfatiguing with a detailed top end. However, sweet and unfatiguing can be had on the cheap. What I miss is that organic kind of naturalness that makes music come alive, such as can be had with similarly priced models from Rotel and Sony ES. I feel where Denon goes wrong is in the design of their analog sections which virtually always consist of single sided curcuit boards (Sony ES and Rotel use double sided boards) and cheap op-amps used in the output stage. To be fair, Denon's digital sections are typically very near the state of the art (though I have my doubts about the advantages of their "alpha processing").

To sum up, the DCD-1560 is a typical Denon cd player. It's sound is sweet and will not offend... but neither will it inspire.

Submitted by scottl145 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 3, 2003

Bottom Line:
I put my last system together in 1990 and the DCD 1560 was part of it. I have just now upgraded my receiver and speakers but the 1560 stays. It still sounds very good and has had no mechanical problems.

Purchased At:   Magnolia Hi Fi