Creek Audio CD43 CD Players

4.6/5 (10 Reviews) MSRP : $995.00

Submitted by monkandmozart a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 27, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is a review of the Creek cd53 in special order black.First let me say if you liked the 43mkII you will love the 53.Improvements in build quality(heavier,thicker face plate,clearer display)and sound quality.(deeper bass,wider soundstage,more enjoyable all around).I comapred it to the more expensive Meridian 508.24 And they were close,both use the same chip set,but the $3500 Meridian was slightly better(Overall balance,transparency,better transport).
The Creek is a true winner in it's class.
Recommened!

Purchased At:   primus audio

Submitted by walter a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 20, 2001

Bottom Line:
I'm just breaking in the 43mkII. It's a winner, but is light on design and function. How hard is it to make a good CD player with front panel features and dig in and out on back? The answer is, I'm keeping my Marantz around just in case. However, I am using this without a separate DAC. And it's very open, this Creek, and revealing beyond belief. Excellent so far.

Purchased At:   local high end shop

Submitted by Tom a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 13, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have owned the original Creek CD43 for about 2 years, however recently I decided to "upgrade" to the newer CD43Mk2. This review in a sense covers both models but specifically refers to the newer Mk2 version. There have been, in my opinion, significant improvements made in the Mk2 version (readers of this review should also check out the Creek website for more details). The original CD43 was (and still is a very fine player) but having had the opportunity to compare both, I can say without a doubt that the Mk2 version has a better (especially deeper) soundstage, much better resolution of detail, improved overall clarity and smoothness and more robust, fuller bass. I am hearing things on my CDs that I have never heard before on any CD player I have ever owned, including the original CD43. I would go so far as to say that the sound on many CDs is simply stunning! This machine is so good that it would give many $2-3K machines significant competition. I would encourage anyone looking for an excellent CD player at any price to run...not walk to a dealer who has the Creek CD43Mk2 and listen for yourself. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Submitted by Steven Smith a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 15, 2001

Bottom Line:
This CD player (the newer CD43mkII) really provides wonderful sound with excellent "British" rhythm and overall musicality. The excellent low level detail found in the Creek CD43mkII makes it a 5 Star Performer and Value. I
think that CD players have finally arrived, and that there
are many excellent sounding players out there in the $300 to
$1000 range. If you also believe (subjectively) that components like CD Players do sound different, but you don't want to spend $5,000 or more, or even $2,000, give
the Creek a listen.

Purchased At:   Hollywood Sound

Submitted by Arnaud Rebillon a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 17, 2000

Bottom Line:
Work very well with my 45 set and my horn. It's not fatiguing to listen to. Also well balanced over all the frequency range with good detail and resolution.
A good buy waiting for the new standard..(sacd?..)

MS 1400W: