Cambridge Audio Azur 340C CD Players

• Co-axial and optical digital outputs
  • Headphone output
  • Solid aluminium front panel
  • 340C ensures minimal resonance

Submitted by kwan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 30, 2007

Bottom Line:
Like the reviewer before me, I too am bitten by the clarity of the unassuming cd player! I have paired this with a Cambridge Audio 340 amp, Chord Rumour 4 Bi-wires, Wharefedal Diamond 9.1's and Ecosse Symphony Analogues...

My main type of music is Classical. As can be seen from the setup, this system is more for clarity and placement of instruments and this is where it excels. One could literary imagine a full Orchestra or a Quintet in front of you.

In short, no regrets with this system

Purchased At:   CMY Audio

Submitted by aliea a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 27, 2006

Bottom Line:
I have been using my Pioneer 383 DVD but I've realized I needed a dedicated CD player to get the best out of my Monitor Audio S6's and the Harman Kardon AVR135. So I had a choice of the Azur 340 or the NAD 521. I must say both of them sounded great but I've chosen the CA because of the better design and much better looks and I'm so glad I did!!! Having it for couple of weeks now I must say the music I listen to which is mostly classical and jazz sounds amazingly detailed and clear! This CD player is SO revealing that one can notice any intonation problems immidiately and find new details on your old recordings!
Now I am listening to all of my CD's again because it's a totally new experience.

Purchased At:   HiFi trader Newtown,