Audio Aero Capitole CD Players

4.96/5 (23 Reviews) MSRP : $4200.00

Tube CD Player

Submitted by jonathanpp a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 25, 2010

Bottom Line:
Dear: Friends

a brief description of the Aero Capitole mk2..

The capitole opens a new world of musical reproductions, even with ordinary normal CDs, it realy brings out a huge soundstage, a neat background sounding, and trully amazing details.

If you want to re discover your stack of CDs ..do try this amazing player. It is very very special..

An audiiophile would know what I mean, by not regreting their couple of thousand bucks spending for this wonderful piece of art..

Cheers..
Jonathan
Singapore

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by bappy a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 4, 2006

Bottom Line:
This review is for Audio Aero reference CD Player (Signature Edition).
Most probably this is the best player in the World, absolutely gorgeous. Do not want to bore people by explaining the sound, bass etc.etc. If you have money go and buy it, and then you will thank me that you did. Someone in this forum wrote that raymeo and DCS the only two player is better than audio aero, may be so with their older model, but with this new one they are not, as I have listen to Raymeo side by side with Reference and it bits Raymeo with every expect.

Life is much better now with Aero, believe I can not sleep well as always thinking that I missing some time of listening. I have just purchased so burn in period is not over and only God knows what will happened after that.

Suggestion: need to use very high quality interconnect and speaker cable, and also need to change the power cord as well.

Purchased At:   Medsys, Dhaka dealer

Submitted by magisterludi a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 13, 2005

Bottom Line:
This review is for the final incarnation of the Capitole;Capitole Mark II SE.This unit revitalized my 500+ collection of Redbook cd's.I would not have believed how good most cd's can actually sound;I mean 50% of my cd's are now ,absolutely amazing.Generally speaking it provides a liquid smooth,harmonious 3D soundstage that is realistic in size and holds the different instruments locked in space,allowing detail that is beyond compare.And as excellent as it is in that respect,for me, the best part of this player is the inner reolution that it allows in a very life like manner.Truely live in the room on so many recordings which has added joy of music back into the listening experience.The best piece of audio gear that I have ever purchased.I highly recommend an audition to anyone with a high rez system!

My System:
Analysis Plus Crystal Oval 8 speaker cord

Purchased At:   dealer demo

Submitted by robmill a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 11, 2004

Bottom Line:
After living with a Naim CDS2 for about 2 years I thought it was time for a radical change. And what a change. The Capitol came in to my system and really changed everything. I now had soundstaging and heard things in the music that I had never heard before. It has a very warm but very analytical sound and also very very musical. Not as good as my VPI but then the VPI is another story. The bass response is close to the best I have heard from CD player. For the money I'm surprised it doesn't sell a lot more. A while later I ended up changing the Capitol to a Prima plus the Whest Audio DAP.10 which worked out a lot cheaper and sounded even better. The new combination is streets ahead of the Capitol and anything I heard up to about £5000 in every area. I recommend the Whest and hope I can review it at some point. Would I recommend a Capitol, yes if you can't get a DAP.10!

Purchased At:   UK hifi dealer

Submitted by samoj1 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 9, 2004

Bottom Line:
Audio Aero Capitole Mk II is the only CD player I've heard which can be compared to the best analog front ends.
It's the first time since I sold turntable some 15years ago that I listen to music with long
forgotten emotional involvement.