Atoll Electronique CD100 CD Players

Submitted by Bjornen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 18, 2005

Bottom Line:
Went to Ljudmakarn in Stockholm for a "Rumbletest" between Atoll CD100-Arcam CD192-Rotel RCD1072, after a couple of minutes the Rotel was gone. So it was really between Arcam and Atoll? after 2songs played at the same level it was no dought, the Atoll had more air/tranparent at the top, a superwide midrange a deeper and at the sametime cleaner bass, don`t get me wrong it went deeeep. MY opinon is that the Atoll looks better than the Arcam, go to your Atoll dealer and be brethless....
This CD compete with the guys in the 25.000sek class.

I use the Arcam AVR 300 -5.1- (biamp. to front speakers)
Front Audiovector Mi3 super + Audioquest Bedrock (bi to bi wired with a bedrock bygel between mid and tweeter)
Center and Rear from A-vector.

Purchased At:   Ljudmakarn

Submitted by Francois Paree a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 16, 2001

Bottom Line:
CD100 sounds very detailed, distinguished and refined. Drive is based on a Technics model, but that is the only similarity with an industrial japanese CD player.

I was replacing a Micromega CD player (Stage 3), and tried to sell it to a friend. When he heard the Atoll, he didn't buy my Micromega, but... a brand new CD100 !

Sounds better than a Rega Planet, an Arcam CD9, a Rotel HDCD or a Marantz 63KI.

Submitted by Leonardo Ladini a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 24, 1999

Bottom Line:
I was looking for a source for my Thiel 1.5 - Nad 300s system, so the first, "natural" choice was the Nad 500s, beeing it the "editor choice" to "HI-FI choice" it is suppose to be a nice player, I tougtht. So I decided to compare it to the Arcam cd9 (on on the few apparail UK,USA,frenc, and italian press agree to say it sounds good)an to decide between them. Yes, i found both them to be great player,but i was still pretty disappointed to spend that sum for a temporary source... ( yes, like most of you I'm looking forward for the new audio standard... )I in the shop room there was the CD100... it costed about 2\3 of the other two... so i decided to try it: for a temporary source I should be happy anyway whit it. Of course the sound wasnt the same I heard from the Nad and Arcam.... it was superior. Listen, not far superior but it was so natural in the hi frequency, so easy to listen, so analougue and so tight whit the bass that the Thiel didnt boob-boombed in the quite small room I were as they did with the other two players ( look i said tight, non lackly ).So, how did it go ? Now I am the happy owner of a Atoll cd100... and i'm still loocking forward for the... Atoll sacd\dvd 100.

BLG CP024: