Arcam Diva CD92 CD Players

4.55/5 (22 Reviews)

HDCD capable

Submitted by feedbac a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 21, 2005

Bottom Line:
Outstanding cd player.Crystal clear sound.No harshness,no grain,puts any lower Arcams to shame,maybe you do get what you pay for.Very easy to listen to,once you start to listen,you dont want to stop,thats the most important.Other parts of system is Legacy studio monitor speakers,Sonographe sc26 pre amp,Sonographe sa 250 amp

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by bsc a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 20, 2004

Bottom Line:
My initial thoughts, on upgrading my Marantz CC3000 CD player, were to purchase an Arcam CD93 player, since I had the Arcam A85 integrated amp. But since the dealer did not have a CD93 in stock yet, I went on my quest to find another player.

After numerous auditions, I settled for the Music Hall Maverick CD player with 24/96 upsampling. When this player started to act up, after only 1 week in service, my quest for a replacement player continued. Eventually, it led me back to the Arcam dealer and what a good fortune that was! From listening to the last Arcam CD92,that they had left, I finally found the CD player I was looking for.

Out of the box, the CD92 was more than I could hope for. After about 35 hours of burn in, the player got even better. The sound produced by the player is extremely articulate with excellent midrange clarity and extended high frequencies. The soundstage and dynamics is second to none. The bass may be somewhat light in comparison to other players, especially those with upsampling, but is adequate for my type of listening.

If the new CD93 has a better sound, then go for it. However, if you happen upon a CD92, whether it be second hand or not, I don't think you would be making a mistake in getting it.

Price Paid:    $1907.00

Purchased At:   Sound Plus

Submitted by Marco a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 17, 2003

Bottom Line:
Arcam CD93 replaces model 92.
This one does not decode HDCD.
Arcam Ring Dac has been replaced by Wolson DAC (2 per channel).

The detail is very accurate.
The sound of this player is getting everyday better and better. After a few days of listening it really started to make my speakers (Infinity RS7K) "sing" better and better.
After the first month of use this player made me change idea about the qualities and the listening pleasure that a CD player can provide to somebody who loves the sound of the LP. Long life to PCM and red book!
I took 4 months for the choice of my new CD player, at the end I had to choose between the following brands:
McIntosh, Rotel, Marantz, Roksan, Linn, Denon. I also took in consideration a few SACD players (denon sony and marantz).
Arcam new CD93 player was (to my ears) the best price/quality-of-sound compromise.
Every dollar of this product is spent for the sound quality, the chassis is not the best (not bad but could be better).

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Submitted by sciocnarf a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 22, 2002

Bottom Line:
I am listening this unit since 2 weeks . after trying the Arcam CD72T during one month. I have burn the unit during 4 days before listening to it. Well, This player blend the information in a better way than the CD72T and is more precise with voices. It has a more neutsal sound too. But deep bass is very badly rendered compared to is youngest brother. This can be very annoying when listening to music solliciting this register. For 2000 CDN $ you may think twice before buying this baby. Verdict. This cd player is very far from delivering the material that is oldest brother does, so go with the youngest one (CD72) for the bass or the oldest (CD23) for the detail.

System

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   Kebecson

Submitted by steve0 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 6, 2002

Bottom Line:
I previously owned the Diva 72 and and I thought that was a great player for £400.
Instead of the 92 upgrade option I bought a new 92 with text with a 20% discount.
I have heard players in the £1000 price range and this was by far the best 1 I heard.
I have tried it with a Nad C370 amp and a Sugden A21a pure class A integrated and it sounded excellent with both amps.
I find the Arcam is very nice to listen to and handles all genres of music very well.
It`s focused and refined, and musical cohesion is superb.
It looks nice too.