Arcam Diva CD72 CD Players

4.61/5 (41 Reviews) MSRP : $799.00

The CD72 is a wonderful sounding CD player with performance equal to players costing twice as much. The latest generation 24 bit DAC from Burr Brown and a main motherboard, incorporating the latest thinking on grounding and power supplies, provide the player with a sound that will captivate all who listen. Arcam CD players have always offered a well balanced and detailed sound, but the CD72 represents a significant step forward.

Submitted by charlie norton a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 6, 2014

Bottom Line:
got lucky 60 euros happy bunny.seek and thou shalll find...arcam cd 72

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by tkyc a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 1, 2009

Bottom Line:
I just post a review on my B&K amp and thought I would review the Acram CD-72T that I have had for about 3 years. This is one great CD player. Treble is smooth, mids are excellent with lots of detail. Soundstage is fantastic and I think a strong point. It does not do SACD and there may be better players out there but I have heard none. Previous auditions include players similar price gear from from Rotel, Marantz, NAD and my MSB Digital Link feed by a Denon DVD 1920/ Arcam CD-72. The Marantz SA 8001 may also be worthy of an audition but I have yet to hear it. In the meantime, the CD-72 offers excellent performance and is an great choice if you find it on the used market.

Product model year:   2007

Submitted by seanbeer a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 23, 2007

Bottom Line:
400GBP , New from Sevenoaks, UK

This is my first CD player. Purchased based on good reviews from the British Hi-Fi mags when it was introduced.

Since I have owned and used it daily for more than 4 years now, I think I should do a little review for those who are interested in this player.

1st of all, Built quality is very good for the price. 4 years daily operations, it still load and play CDs like new. Never had a problem of reading CD / CD-Rs.

Soundwise, this player is on the safe side, typically what they call the British sound, nothing harsh or forward, voiced towards the warm side.

I love the voicing of this player, its somewhat better than the CDP i recently replaced it with which is the Naim CD5i (double the price of the CD72).

What I find it lose out is outright details and the "realness" of the instruments when comapred to the Naim. It also lose out for Timing. Dynamic of the CD72 very good comparing to the Naim but it lacks the Air that the Naim is able to do.

All in all, don't think its the player to buy today brand new but if you see a 2nd hand bargain, this is one good vfm player, I still use it today for my headphone set up.

Purchased At:   New from Sevenoaks

Submitted by mmeysarosh a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 22, 2006

Bottom Line:
Off all the CPD's I have tried, this is one the most detailed. It produced a wide defuse soundstage that allows you to hear all details but unfortunately on a single plane lacking depth. It has this forward nature to its sound combined with a fast, tight, but dry bass. It causes an odd disconnection between pace and rhythm that makes the recordings sound somewhat disconnected. I also feel that this has to due the synergy of my current system. At first, it was a clear improvement to my current system (at that point, my system had been a part of home theater that had a poor handle on music, which sparked the purchase of a dedicated CD player).

Today, I only use two-channel rigs for music. Changes in sound are now easy to discern, with most changes showing a profound differences in presentation. This CDP although detailed and providing fantastic clarity, lacks image depth, precision, and integration. Not a very musical partner when it comes to a system that does have the resolving power to display the difference.

Purchased At:   Audio Salon

Submitted by gcopel a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 27, 2003

Bottom Line:
I A-B tested this player with several other CD players and was amazed at how easy it was to identify when this player was the active unit. The sound is clear and precise. The sound quality is true.

Purchased At:   Audio Concepts of Da