Arcam CD62T CD Players

4.86/5 (7 Reviews) MSRP : $599.00

Arcam Diva CD62T CD Player

Submitted by Ray a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 16, 2012

Bottom Line:
I have owned the Arcam CD62T for a few years now I also have a Cambridge 340 CD player,and a few others. The Arcam has a much better sound quality than the Cambridge,for the price the Arcam is a well made unit , it is heavy in weight. A well made unit, but it is when you play the CDs that you notice the superb sound.

Submitted by Entsmonkey a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 29, 2009

Bottom Line:
This is a nice CD player. I got this off Ebay when my NAD c350 amp blew up and I replaced it with a marantz PM7200, the grey plastic of my NAD c520i just didn't work with me any more. I decided on this as a result of the previous experience my brother had with his A65 amp. There is beauty to be revealed from CD's, suffcient weight (a tad lean for my tastes) and sonic depth for a massive range of music from Sigur Ros to Nick Drake and beyond. I wish for a lititle more sparkle, but, hurt by Johnny Cash has me collapsing in on myself with contentment. Use with thoughtful gentle music, almost beautiful music, it lacks the authority to really kick it and rock! Once I get my KEF Q5's back from the shop (currently using my "spare" Q1's) I'm sure it will be better and will have the presence that it desrves.

A Nice CD player I spent £200 (approx. $420 at the time) and don't regret it!

Submitted by mperigny a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 19, 2003

Bottom Line:
Since I was using a DVD player for listening to my music, I knew that it was the weakest link of my system as far as sound reproduction. I decided to bring my DVD player (Marantz DVD 4200) with me to some hi-fi stores and compare it's sound reproduction against some dedicated CD players to see if it was worth the extra bucks. To my surprise, the sound improvement was a lot more then I expected. I compared the Arcam CD62 with the Cambridge Audio D500SE and the Rotel RCD-02. This three players sounded great but the arcam sounded better to me and my friend. Enought to justify is higher price. Voices, especially, sounded more warm and alive with the CD62. The sound is detailed and seems a little more engaging to me. I can understand that some people prefer the two others, as they both sound great too, but a little less involving for me..It can be just the system used for the test (B&W 603 S3 and Arcam A85 amp).
I tried one HDCD CD (Tool - Lateralus) and compared it with the Rotel RCD-02 wich have a HDCD decoder and to my surprise the Arcam still sounded better.

Submitted by Russell Kishi a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 19, 2003

Bottom Line:
I didn't really want to buy a new CD player. Was forced to do so when my Marantz CD67SE suddenly crapped out. Was quite pleased with the sound quality of the Marantz. But this was the second Marantz CD67 unit that crapped out unexpectedly after one year's use. I negotiated a deal with GNP Pasadena to buy their one-month old in-store demo unit Arcam CD62. Turns out to be the best 584 bucks I ever spent on an audio product.

The Arcam has a sonic signature that puts the Marantz to shame. Pure tonal accuracy from bass fundamentals through upper midrange. Slightly bright on top. But by comparison the Marantz is tonally inaccurate in every key respect. Low level details come through with Arcam that Marantz just blurs. The Arcam also tracks even the most difficult CD with aplomb. My cherished Toscanini farewell of 4/4/54 was a minefield with Marantz. Arcam tracks it all flawlessly. I feel I am hearing everything for the first time.

Purchased At:   GNP Audio-Video Pasa

Submitted by Bob a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 11, 2003

Bottom Line:
very great player with superb sound.very well build quality and made in uk!

Arcam CD62T vs Cambridge Audio Azur 540C

I've read some of your posts concerning a similar decision I'm facing. I too spent the day auditioning 4 cdp's. Azur 540 Azur 640 NAD 521BEE Arcam CD62T Immediately the NAD was out, to my untrained years it had a muffled sound compared to the other. A&B'ing the 540 and 640 I did notice a ... Read More »

Atlantic Technology: