Aiwa XC-35M CD Players

4.56/5 (9 Reviews)

5 Disc Changer

Submitted by lizzie kawasaki a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: September 24, 2001

Bottom Line:
Welcome to My review of the Aiwa XC-35M! I really Like what Aiwa has done with thier A/v products. This cd changer is very set apart form the rest. Visually, it looks like it's a very futristic player, and It is! The display is a real treat with more visual appeal than most 5CD changers in its class. As far as the audio goes, it defiinatly is awesome. it has one of the best D/A converters for a cd-player and it has alot of features for such a low priced cd-player! I am really surprized that Aiwa made this so easy to use! it's simple! plug and play! And dance your cares away! And it hooks up easy so you'll get your groove on faster than ever before! I highly reccommend this Hi-Fi Aiwa cd-changer!!!!

Purchased At:   Online retailer

Submitted by Paul a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 7, 2001

Bottom Line:
I really do like this Cd player. Its a great buy. The flashy display is nice(most cd displays are small and boring) It seems to work fine for me, my only complaint would be the the changing mechanism is not as well built as it could be, but then again it's only $99. My favorite feature about this cd player is that it has a window on the top of it so you can see what cds are what number. If you are looking for a cd player that will last few years....dont buy this. It wont last that long. However I think it would make a good cd player for a kid, cuz it has allot of extras.

Purchased At:   J&R

Submitted by nate knutson a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 3, 2001

Bottom Line:
The only thing I really mind about this player is that during while a CD is playing, lights flash on the front in FOUR different places. You have the play button flashing, the disc button flashing, the track number on the LCD flashing, and the disc number on the LCD flashing. It's unnecessary and annoying, especially since there's no way of disabling it (other than taking the thing apart maybe). But other than that, it's a great player. Whatever you do, unless you're really hardcore and you have some old expensive receiver without digital inputs that you don't wanna give up, don't buy any cd player above the sub-$100US range, because the optical outputs make them all sound exactly as they should. When I first started shopping for a cd player, I was uncertain about this because it just didn't make sense to me that stores could get away with selling $300 units that output exactly the same sound as the entry level models, even though it seemed obvious that this would be true with digtal signals. I asked a salesperson, got some garbage about the laser being better on the harmon kardon, blah blah blah. Then I did my homework and realized I should have trusted my ability to detect the obvious :P. Also, the analog output is pretty good too. I only give it a four star for overall because of the thing with the lights... it just seems like someone at aiwa should have realized some people might find it annoying, and at least added a way to disable it.

Purchased At:   best buy

Submitted by mike a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2001

Bottom Line:
sounds perfect with the optical out. can't speak for the analog out. a cd player is a cd player, as much as nitpickers would like to argue a digital signal is a digital signal, no matter it's source!

note! I own the 37m

Purchased At:   best buy

Submitted by Arun Selvam a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2001

Bottom Line:
None

Purchased At:   BestBuy.com