Adcom GCD-750 CD Players

4.2/5 (45 Reviews) MSRP : $1250.00

Submitted by Brent a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 26, 2003

Bottom Line:
Excellent sound quality that works equally well with various types of music. Sound is very smooth and balanced. Compares favorably with other similarly-priced and higher priced players.

Purchased At:   Home Entertainment/T

Submitted by Doug a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2002

Bottom Line:
This will supplement my review in August 2001. This CD player sank on me in the end of April. Many things had gone wrong with it. The gold plate fell of during unpacking, what a bummer. Then 3-4 months later, it would just stop playing discs from time to time. Then the backlight on the display went. I thought enough was enough, so I e-mailed Adcom a not so nice message. I told them I was a loyal Adcom customer, and if they did not want to lose my business permantly, they would have to replace to repair my player. Three days later, the customer service manager called me at work and said, it is not policy, but they would replace my CD player on my first return to the repair center. He informed me that it was usually 3 times, and then a replacement. He said the day they received my player, they would send the new one. I sent it may 3rd, received the new one May 18th. I think that Adcom has done some quality upgrades to the GCD-750, and it does make a difference. The look and feel of the player seems better. I think Adcom's customer service did a great job!

Submitted by Doug a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 31, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is to supplement the review I posted in August, 2001. This CD player went bye-bye. It started by occasionally not playing CD's. Then the orange backlight went out, but the LCD still worked. I had had enough. What was next? I e-mailed Adcom, a not too nice letter, stating that I was a loyal Adcom customer, and this CD player was expensive, and if they blew me off, I would torch them on this site. I said I didn't want a repair, I wanted a new player. The customer service manager called me at work, apologized for my problems, and said if I sent him my player, the day they received it, they would send a new out immediately. That was May 1st, and on May 18th, UPS delivered the new one. Although this new one is the same model, I think Adcom has made some real quality upgrades to the GCD-750. I could tell the minute I opened the box. This player seems 20% better than my previous player. The fit and finish seem much better. The player seems to sound the same, which is great. I think Adcom deserves a Kudos for this one.

Submitted by Paul a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 28, 2001

Bottom Line:
I was impressed when I first played this on my system. Almost 2 years later it crashed, so back to New Jersery for at least a month. I wasn't going thru the holidays without tunes and didn't have a DVD so I got a cheap Sony (NS300). My wife asked "if DVD's play cd's, why have the CD player? When she hears the DVD tonight, her question will be answered! The contrast is amazing. It's going to be a tough Christmas not listening to the GCD-750. It is so much fuller, detailed, and pleasant. I cannot overemphasize the contrast, it is HUGE.
System:
NAD 2400 amp
Adcom pre/amp tuner GTP 600
Epos 11 speakers
alpha core interconnects
Hsu research TN1225 sub w/amp

Submitted by John a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 24, 2001

Bottom Line:
I'll make it short and sweet. This is a great cd player. It is very detailed but to my ears it is not harsh sounding at all. I don't know what some of the other people here are commenting about, this is not a harsh sounding player. It could be the rest of the equipment they listened to it with. Very impressed with it, good job Adcom.

FGH 26: