Accuphase DP-67 CD Players

• MDS++ D/A converter achieves minimum distortion and superb S/N ratio
  • Jitter-free high-performance digital demodulator
  • 3-pole analog filter with outstanding phase characteristics
  • EXT DSP input/output connectors
  • Two sets of digital inputs/outputs
  • Fully digital control of CD mechanism
  • Balanced drive circuitry for servo motors

Submitted by Manfred from Germany a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2009

Bottom Line:
Why buy a CD-Player which is so expensive and which accepts CD´s only and no SACD´s? Yes, it is build for eternity not only outside but also inside. Look inside and you see this ambition of perfectness in audio-design. The outside of new Acuphase-models change only minimal over the years. So the design is rather timeless, I think a great advantage on the long run, because a new model makes the former model not old stuff. Models of Accuphase change, but not so often like other firms do with their products. So, this could be told about nearly all products from Accuphase. What is especial for the DP-67 ? It brings Music to live with all the details which are on the disc. I owned a Marantz CD 16 before. Not to compare with the DP-67: the sound is very clear, detailed and accurate. Music flows. Natural instruments sound real. Classical concerts let you feel the concert hall. It´s a pleasure with all kinds of music. The DP 67 is not a bass-wonder but the sound is balanced nearly perfect. I miss no SACD. So, listening to the music with this CD-player can give you a lot of satisfaction and that could be worth to own one. Since I use this player, I read the Tests of other models without the feeling that I could miss something.
The volume control is very comfortable, because it allows very sensitive changes. I use a Fadel-Art Aerolink to connect CD-Player and Amplifier. This cable has a very good performance for reproducing voices.
If you like, also read my review of the Accuphase E 308.

Strengths: Sounds natural with many details, high resolution and room-information. High building-quality

Weaknesses: High Price.

Submitted by macdisk a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2008

Bottom Line:
The DP-67 is a very good player, much better than the DP-55 I have owned before. Sound is brillant, solution is good, but soundstage could be deeper, dynamics are excellent. Bass is OK, but not as deep as other players, if you got loudspeakers with lean bass, it could be a problem.
Building quality is excellent. For the money one of the best you can get.

Purchased At:   private

Submitted by notts3288 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 13, 2004

Bottom Line:
I did not take an audit for this CDP as it was not available at the showroom,
my purchase decision was based on an audit with DP-57V, that sound of that machine was just beautiful.

I was shocked when I first put it on at home. The sound was just terrible before run in , it sounded dry and mechanical I was wondering if I made a wrong decision of buying this CDP.
I was then put it on with 200 hours of run in and see what's going on before I asked for refund !
If I sent it back to dealer before the run in period it would be a big mistake of myself. The sound is totally different and I 'm so happy with it. It produces the same beautiful sound as DP-57V with higher resolution and details but no digital sound at all. Such a good musical player and make you want to feed it with good CD and find out what is the limit of this CDP. And make me forget to think about buying a SACD Player anymore.

Purchased At:   Accuphase dealer Chi