Accuphase DP-57 CD Players

• 3-Pole Analog Filter
  • Fully digital control of CD mechanism

Submitted by Ampup a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2010

Bottom Line:
I acquired this unit through a trade for some amplifiers. Again, another unit of which I was expecting great things, but not quite up to the representations of the various reviewers. Certainly acceptable, great bass, nice mids and highs, good imaging. Purchase it used, and not bad. However, when compared to other carefully selected high end components available use, no comparison. I discovered this when comparing the Accuphase to a combination of a CEC-TL1, Sonic Frontiers SFD-2 mkiI, and a genesis time lens, with a total used value of $3300.00, or half of the retail of the Accuphase . No contest. The only advantage for the accuphase was in the deep bass, a trade off for the sonic splendor of the CEC. Accuphase was sold a week later on Ebay.

Pros: Great Bass detail, Accuphase perceived quality, but don't look inside, one box solution, great name.
Make sure you are buying US version, or no warranty, no difference between US and others, but position of a single jumper wire on power supply, 110.220. 240 volt setting. Know what you are getting.

Cons: Price, sonic performance (mds, highs, imaging, detail, involvement in sound) lacks compared to certain other higher quality 10 year old components available on the used market..

Product model year:   2007

Submitted by Rabbitinnz a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 2, 2006

Bottom Line:
In short, this is my choice of CDP under $7000. I've owned more than 10 CDPs -- Levinson 360S, Wadia 860, BAT 55, GamuT CD-1, Modified Sony SCD-777ES, modified Benchmark DAC-1 ---- just to name a few so that you know the basis of my review. All my CD players sound good and have great reviews, but every once a while I get tired of playing another CD... I just don't want to listen anymore. I change gear for no reason, and get some new excitement because the new machine sounds somehow differently, and then I get tired and bored again... I am stuck in this crazy hobby.... Until I've got the Accuphase! Not just another player, it has been in my system for more than one year, which is a record for me, and I am still in love! This player plays MUSIC while still have excellent technical figures. I expect it to sing for another year or two until I upgrade ---- to another Accuphase!

Premier Mounts: