Polk Audio CSi40 Center Speaker
Description: Mid/Woofer 2 - 6-1/2'' Diameter (16.51cm) Dynamic Balance Drivers, shielded Tweeter 1 - 1'' Diameter (2.54cm) Dynamic Balance silk/polymer composite dome, shielded

Submitted by cave jeff a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 23, 2003

Bottom Line:
Yep, it's a good one. I was using a semi-old Infinity Sterling center channel with my system, but it wasn't great.

This Polk is hooked up to my new Denon AVR 3803 and sounds exquisite. I also am using a pair of INfinity Crescendo towers as my front L/R and a pair of Polk Dipoles and then a large pair of Polk bookshelf speakers and a Velodyne SPL II 12" for the system.

The center channel sounds great, it, along with the soundfield in general is very rich. This is a good buy. And yes, the speaker is large.

If you are looking for a good quality center channel that isn't too expensive, now is the time to get it. This model is being discontinued and is marked off a lot.

Purchased At:   Crutchfield

Submitted by babaoriley a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 17, 2003

Bottom Line:
I had purchased 3 center channels over the last 3 years and had searched in vain for the qualities that were important to me until i came across this unit. The price was somewhere I really didn't want to go but after 2 failed attempts to achieve the sound I was after, decided it was time to take the plunge. Speakers in the $125 to $150 dollar price range seemed one dimensional in tone to me. The most noticeable difference being a marked absence of clean crisp high notes. The Polk speaker truly excels in this area. When I hooked it up, I remember thinking "AT last, After all this frustration." I am finally very happy with the sound of my system. The center channel is paired with a set of large vintage Advents as the fronts, a set of large vintage pioneer 3 ways as the rear a nice tenchniques powered sub, and a panasonic surround back. The Stereo unit is a panasonic high current sa-he200 av control receiver. As crazy as it sounds, it works exceptionally well together. I recommend the center channel whole heartedly.

Purchased At:   circuit city

Submitted by Jack a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 26, 2003

Bottom Line:
i bought these speakers as a clearance item so the price was really low. For a centre speaker this speaker produces a lot of bass, even more so than some bookshelf speakers. if you dont like a bass heavy centre than you probably wouldnt like this speaker very much. I personally like speakers that produce a lot of bass, so this center was perfect for me. This speaker is so big i cant even fit it on top of my tv...

Purchased At:   futureshop

Submitted by Frank Donlon a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 13, 2003

Bottom Line:
This is a great price for an outstanding center channel speaker. I purchased it at
www.acousticsounddesign.com where the service was excellent. The speaker meshes reasonably well with my old Polk monitor 10s which I have been reluctant to give up.

Purchased At:   Acoustic Sound Desig

Submitted by Ryan Johnson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 21, 2002

Bottom Line:
Final piece of my surround system and I couldn't be more pleased with my purchase. My wife loves it and she hates my surround sound (that says a lot) I bought it only for Polk reputation, price, and look of speaker

Purchased At:   Circuit City