Polk Audio CS300
Description: 3 way center speaker

Submitted by Brad a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have listened to (and purchased) many center speakers before I purchased this Polk. I purchased the Bose center which I was horrable unimpressed with. The Cerwin also lacked. The Polk Audio 300 has by far the best sound quality of them all. The infinity Center was fairly good, though not as good as the Polk. This speaker is great for the money. I am in the process of upgrading my system, though the only speaker I am going to keep is my Polk Center.

Submitted by Mike Moffitt a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 30, 2001

Bottom Line:
Thought this is a very nice center speaker. It is mated up to a Kenwood VR-3090 and Cerwin Vega E-310 fronts and a AudioSource 15 inch sub. Everything just blends in just perfect, movies are just awesome to watch and the dialog is crystal clear.

Purchased At:   Crutchfield

Submitted by Kent Klima Jr a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 25, 2000

Bottom Line:
I looked at both the CS 245 and the CS 300, I bought the CS 300 from Joemommacomputer.com for $169.00 the same price as the CS 245, on their site. I am glad I chose the 300.
This is my first center channel speaker as i just purchased my first new receiver in almost 10 years, that has surround sound. I had no idea that the center channel speaker was so important. The 300 is very crisp, very clear, and even at high volume levels has no noticealbe distortion. I would suggest this speaker to anyone in the market for a new center channel speaker.

Submitted by Jim a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 25, 1999

Bottom Line:
I've owned the Polk RM7300 satellite system for about two years. I recently moved the RM7300 system from a 12x12 room to a 23x12 room. The system sounds great, but I decided I wanted to ugrade my center channel speaker now that the viewing area is further away. I looked at both the CS245 and the CS300. I chose the CS300. I was a little concerned how it would sound with satellites, but I couldn't be more happier. In comparing the CS245 to the CS300, I felt the extra $100 was worth it. The tri-laminate tweeter makes the dialogue brighter and the power port in the back makes the bass response fuller. People may say the difference is sutble and not worth the extra $100. However, my motto is long after price is forgotten, quality lives on. Besides, if I ever upgrade my RM7300 fronts to the Polk RT1000p or RT2000p fronts, I know I have a center speaker that is matched well.

Submitted by Mike Stevens a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 15, 1999

Bottom Line:
I have owned the CS300 for 6 months now. I will have to disagree with many of you on the performance of the speaker. The dialogue seems vague and bland. I thought with the trilaminate tweeter, the highs would be a little brighter and crisp. Luckily I used to work at Circuit City and got a sweeeet deal on my whole polk package. I am overall pleased with the Polks, but the center channel seems a bit weak.