Polk Audio CS275
Description: Center Channel Speaker

Submitted by Trevor a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 2, 2000

Bottom Line:
This is my first centre channel speaker and I am very impressed with the clarity of sound and precision it delivers for a speaker in this price range. It blends in very well with my Infinity Reference 50 mains which are floor standers. The sound-stage is pretty seamless. It handles bass very well and has not faltered on any of the demands that different software has challenged it with. I highly recommend this centre speaker to anyone starting out on home theatre.

Submitted by justin a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 25, 1999

Bottom Line:
the CS275 is a great piece. its clear and articulate but slightly inefficient. well, this is partly my problem becuase i mixed speakers in my home theater. i have Infinity main speakers and Infinity surrounds. the Infinitys are very sensitive, so to compensate for the comparatively inefficient CS275 i have to crank the center channel volume up to almost +10 DB before it sounds balanced. overall, this is a great center channel for what it costs.

Submitted by Carl Loaiza a a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 23, 1999

Bottom Line:
I purchased this center channel from Crutchfield for $200. Being a poor college student I'd have to say that this center channel can hold it's own. The sound is very clear and the detail very nice.
I'm just a casual movie watcher and I'd have to say that this center channel does a great job reproducing the movie experience.

Duration Product Used:   a Casual Listener