Paradigm Reference Studio CC-570 v3
Description: 3-way design, 2 x 7" mineral-filled polypropylene cone bass drivers, 4" mica-polymer cone midrange driver, 1" satin-anodized pure-aluminum dome tweeter, ±2dB 60Hz-22kHz, 8 Ohm impedance, 91dB sensitivity, 45lb.

Submitted by Ed Scherer a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 26, 2012

Bottom Line:
This is such a warm, "un" fatiguing speaker that I might actually consider using it for all channels in my home theater (provided a competent sub is in the system also). The speaker blends seamlessly with my Studio 100 Reference series v.2 and in fact when I switch to direct 2 channel stereo mode I can hear almost no difference when listening to music because the speaker is such a great match for the 100's. It has a lovely warm, non shrill. non sibilant sound but triangles, bells, glass breaking, etc., are not muddied and it is an equally competent speaker for both music and home theater applications. It is no slouch in the low end and in fact I have it handling all the low frequencies delivered to the center channel and it does not have a pronounced roll off at the bottom end. The soundstage is nice and wide and off axis reproduction is great. I have it bi-amped (passively, using the speaker's internal crossover but 2 discrete amps for the low and mid/hi frequency bands). It also reproduces the ambience of the recording session and almost seems to get better and better and it has now been in service almost 8 years. I would buy this unit again and have no negative things to say about it.

Submitted by wuttuptae a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2006

Bottom Line:
This review is for those who are deciding between the CC-470 and CC-570, e.g. owners of Paradigm Reference speakers. It doesn't make much sense to me to compare this to other brands since you'll probably be choosing a center to match your main speakers. That said, it's as much a bargain as the rest of the Reference line.

Anyway, after deciding on Studio 100 v.3's for my mains, I purchased the CC-470 for my center channel to save a little money. Same tweeter, same bass driver, just no midrange driver, and only a 2-way design. The CC-470 sounded great alone, but the midrange did not blend seamlessly with my 100's. This was more noticeable when playing 5.1 music than it was during movies. Even during movies, though, I felt like the center was a little 'muddied' compared to what was coming out of my left/right channels.

So I decided to shell out a few more bucks and upgrade to the CC-570. I'm extremely happy that I did. The CC-570 creates a perfect front soundstage with the 100's, and the midrange is now clearer. They really are a great match with the 100's.

The CC-470 is probably the better choice for the rest of the Reference line, but for the Studio 100, I highly recommend the CC-570. I had doubts about the 4" midrange driver, but it does very well to produce that freq. range -- seamless with the 100's.

Purchased At:   Audio Buys Inc.

Submitted by John North a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 12, 2005

Bottom Line:
Well I thought my old Monitor series center was great. First when I had the two side by side I was amazed at the size of the 570, man she's a big one. Then I hooked it up and WOW was I amazed , instantly you can tell a big difference in the sound. The 570 had a much much better low end. A much more full range speaker. I'll say what other person said. The only real drawback I can see or hear is in its pure size. Its a monster. Other than that the other reviewer sums it up perfectly.

Purchased At:   Planet Audio

Submitted by Luis31 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 7, 2004

Bottom Line:
I traded my "trusty" Paradigm Studio CC v2 (an excellent center channel speaker I may add...)for a CC-570 v3 about 4 months ago. Although the CC-470 v3 is a more "direct" upgrade to the Reference CC v2, the CC-570 v3 is in its own class in the current Reference Studio line. However, I think Paradigm created the CC-570 to be matched with the Studio 100 v3 and the CC-470 v3 to matched the rest of the Studio Line v3. The CC-570 v3 is one "heck" of a center channel speaker reproducing human voices with refinement and proper weight. It pretty close to an actual "full range" center channel speaker. I've run it as "small" or "large" and the CC-570 handles pretty much everything I throw at it. By far, the best sounding center channel I've owned. Highly recommended...

Purchased At:   Hi-Fi Sales