Mission MSM7C1
Description: Mission Center Channel Speaker - MSM7C1BK/ Inverted Drive Geometry/ Micro Fiber Domw Tweeter/ Dual Profiled Glass/ 75 Hz - 20kHz/ 87 dB/ 8 Ohms/ Magnetic Shield/ Sold As Single

Submitted by Pressure Waves a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 22, 2003

Bottom Line:
This is an excellent centre channel! I have the M7C1i. It's small enough to integrate very well into our home decor without drawing undue attention to itself sitting atop an armoire. It provides crystal clear dialogue and handles the power given it with ease and without distortion or faltering. It has two tuned ports and has the same tweeter as my M73 fronts and utilizes the same type, albeit smaller, mid woofers.

I chose it over the Athena brand, which I had home with an AS-B2 speaker. I took all those speakers back after they developed a driver problem during a well orchestrated "break-in". Additionally, I had a JBL centre home and it was returned. It nmatched well with my current JBL's but did not provide the exacting sound I was expecting. As a note, I'm not a self-professed audiophile who listens critically for nuances in music that most of us could care less to hear, however, I am a practising musician, with a critical and accurate ear for music and sound. This speaker delivers accurate and clear sound for a Great price.

Purchased At:   A&B Sound

Submitted by bluefish43035 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 7, 2002

Bottom Line:
I'm very pleased with my purchase. This speaker is extreamly clear, and fits my system well.

Purchased At:   Speakerhut.com

Submitted by Ed a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 30, 2002

Bottom Line:
I was careful in selecting a channel speaker. I didn't want to spend lots of $$$, but yet I wanted to get something that would sound good and match up with my other speakers. The sales rep suggested two possible choices, either Energy or Mission. I decided on the Mission because I felt that the sound quality would better match the Bose speakers. And boy was I right. My son always has friends over to watch DVD's because they like the sound. It rivals anything at the theatres.
I don't think that I have anything fancy as I have used my old speakers. I have just been very careful with my choices:

Fronts: Bose 401 (the old ones)
Rear: Sound Dynamics Ti-50
Receiver: Yamaha 486
Toshiba DVD 1600.

Purchased At:   A&B Sound

Submitted by Art a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2001

Bottom Line:
I had been looking for a center speaker for a long time it needed to be thinner than 5.5" to fit in my entertainment unit. I bought the mission and the bose vcs-10 at the same time. The mission blew the bose out of the water. The sound is so good it really brought my HT system alive specially with dialog. I highly recommended.

Purchased At:   Brandsmart