Mission 70C2
Description: 700 series center channel

Submitted by Allen a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2014

Bottom Line:
Great Speaker, but very sparingly used, drop me a line if interested in acquiring a mint one; $50 + shipping thanks

Submitted by Starwars243 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 3, 2002

Bottom Line:
If anyone is interested in buying this center channel I'm selling the one I own for $100 plus shipping. If anyone is interested drop me an e-mail. God Bless!

Submitted by Chuck Corsillo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 9, 2002

Bottom Line:
If you are getting tired of your 70c2 or are simply ready to upgrade and you live in the U.S., please drop me an e-mail...I'll pay top dollar for yours!

Submitted by Peter Cruz a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 24, 2000

Bottom Line:
Well, I was in need of a good Center Channel speaker, when my uncle told me about the Mission 70cc2. I never even heard of the brand and I was like well, ok, I will give it a try. Well, I picked it up from the store and hooked it up. When I turned on the receiver I was in awe, because the sound this thing put out was really amazing. It had amazingly smooth sound. The vocals were natural sounding and everything just sounded good. I had a Yamaha RV-905 at the time and it was great, but now that I have a DENON AVR-1801, it sounds even better. I had an old sony center and when I got sick of the sound, I decided to upgrade and look around. I am glad I got this center, cause everything is sounding great. It is a bit bigger than other centers around, but I found room for it.

Submitted by David Warren a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 26, 2000

Bottom Line:
I can not state that I can give a comparative review, since I didn't listen to any other centre speakers when I was purchasing. My girlfriend's Dad has a Paradigm centre channel - I much prefer my Mission centre channel.

I have 702's in the front and wanted the tonal balance to match and I was quite impressed with my 702's so I wasn't concerned. Of course I listened to them when I purchased and was easily as impressed with the 70c2 as I was with the 702's. I certainly wouldn't purchase without listening.

It brings a very realistic representation of vocals and can belt out bass, which is nice, I can localize low frequencies fairly well and do notice a difference. I've heard quite a few different setups and this is the closest it has felt to "being there". I especially noticed in the accident scene in "What Dreams May Come".

Since buying the 70c2 I have also purchased 701's and stuck them as the rears and I'm stunned with the performance this setup gives me (including and excluding the costs, which are low). I'd reccommend anyone that looking is looking for low cost musical system with good dynamics that also stuns you in home theatre. I would definately look at Mission 700 series.