Infinity Systems Delta Center
Description: Delta Series Center Channel

Submitted by Johnsen a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2003

Bottom Line:
Works perfect even if I have huge Kappa 9.2i frontspeakers and 620 watts per channel to drive them. Just set the center on "small" in the receiver set up and this low cost center speaker will deliver plenty of high quality sound for both music and movies at really high SPL.
I tried to replace it with a lot more expensive one, but had to return it because the Infinity Delta center speaker were so much better in both clearity of voices and the ability to handle a lot of power.(Yamaha DSP AZ-2 130 watts per channel) I belive its almost to good to be true. I would gladly spend 5 times more, but I dont think there is much to gain so I am saving my money for something else.

Purchased At:   hifihuset Norway

Submitted by Jer a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 21, 2002

Bottom Line:
It has taken quite awhile to scrape up a HT system composed of Infinity Delta series (this late in the game...these are 1998-1999 introductions) BUT it has been more than worth the effort. They are the most easy to listen to group of speakers I've ever heard that won't break the bank, if you can find them!! Vocals are clear and very natural. Every nuance of the voice is perfectly reproduced. These are quite musical and elegantly designed. My only complaint is I can't find them any more. The vast majority of those who own them aren't willing to part with them (myself included). That says more for this speaker line than any review!!

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by Peter a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 3, 2001

Bottom Line:
Much better sound then my previous centers. Also better then some other brands that i have tried in the shop (I have made a DTS recording so could test the center speaker with and totaly seporate from the other speakers). It matches good with my JBL front speakers.
It is not "a closed box" it has a bassreflex opening at the back ; you can in or decrease the bass volume by putting the rear of the center speaker near to a wall(but not to close...)the shielding is bad when you move the speaker around strange colors on the tv appear. but my tv screen (32"widescreen Philips) compensates it after putting it off and on (degauss)
In the middle of the speaker is a bubble witch get damaged very easely (already after one day some paint has come off after putting the speaker on the tv)
I dont like the BIG logo
altogether i am happy with it

Submitted by Eric a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: September 7, 2000

Bottom Line:
I got this center a little over a year ago and I must say I fell in love with it right away. The sound was incredible and it matched up perfectly with my Infinity Delta 60's and my Infinity QPS-1 surrounds. I added an Infinity BU-150 powered subwoofer and my system was perfect. I have never gotten to really crack up my system do to respect for the other people in my neighborhood but you dont really need to to fully appreciate the great sound and wonderful performance Infinity did with this line. I did notice that someone mentioned the max of 100 watts, I do not see this as a weakness. I own a Pioneer Elite THX Ultra certified amplifier that does 5 x 100. I cant ever see needing more power or volume then what this speaker can do. I am not saying the other guy was wrong, I am just stating that in my opinion anyone that is running more than 100 watts to the center channel by any significant margin should be spending a little more money on his speakers anyway.

Purchased At:   Online

Submitted by Roy Cestero a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 26, 2000

Bottom Line:
Great speaker specially when matched to the other Delta series speakers. Sound is free flowing, crisp, and the imaging is bar none the best. My system consists of the following:

Denon AVR-3300
Delta 60
Delta 40
Delta Center
PSW-D115

This complete system cost me a little over $2,200.00. The speakers were all bought at onsale.com.

I need nothing else. This setup is awesome and might surprise some philes out there.