Dynaudio Audience 122C
Description: Two-way center channel loudspeaker

Submitted by Han a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 14, 2001

Bottom Line:
I previously had an all B&W-300 series speaker package which I am slowly changing into an all Dynaudio system. The B&WCC3 Dyn72 combination didn't work at all. The CC3 sounds way too weak and tonally very different. Unpacking the 122c revealed a big and very solid build speaker. And WOW how well does this center match my Dyn72s! It doesn't go as low, ofcourse. If you want it to go really loud, it will require a powerfull amp, because it's sensitivity is a bit mediocre at 86dB @ 6ohm.

My current setup:
Yamaha RX-V1000 receiver
Yamaha AX-596 poweramp
Van Den Hul MC D102 MKIII interconnect
Van Den Hul Royal Jade Hybrid speakercable

Hmmm... it just keeps getting better! :)

Purchased At:   Stassen HiFi

Submitted by Brad Holman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2001

Bottom Line:
I am using this center channel speaker as part of an all Dynaudio Audience 7 channel system, with A-70's for L+R, and 40's and 42's for surrounds, driven with a Sunfire Cinema Grand amp. As I commented in my review of the A-42's elsewhere, the build quality is excellent; it is hard to tell they are clad in vinyl instead of veneer rosewood. This is a very substantial speaker, and definitely needs to sit on top of an RPTV or on a good stand.

And output? WOW. Feed this speaker enough power, and it just goes and goes and goes. Coupled with my A-70's and the Cinema Grand amp, I have not been able to overdrive this speaker (at least while staying in the room with it). Put on 'Saving Private Ryan' and go to any of the combat scenes, and no mater what, this speaker can handle it. It does need some breakin, as it sounded a bit chesty straight out of the box. However, that characteristic is fading as I use it, and it is starting to really shine.

Feed it enough power, break it in, and it sounds great. I am very pleased with my all-Dynaudio Audience setup, and would recommend it to anyone. It's a lot of money (at least for me), but it is worth it.

Purchased At:   Krystal Clear Audio, Dallas TX