Definitive Technology C/L/R 2002
Description: Center Channel for 2002 series speakers

Submitted by Jimmy8 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 26, 2004

Bottom Line:
I had the Cambridge Soundworks MC300 center channel that I found lacking in clarity with dialogue in DVDs. I walked by the local audio shop and saw the deftech clr2002 speakers on sale and decided to give them a try. I bought it after listening to it for just 10 minutes. I took it home and realized that it made a world of difference with my home theater setup. It was so much better that I returned my entire Cambridge Soundworks MC300 speaker package and bought 2 more DefTech clr2002s to use as my mains.

Purchased At:   Park Avenue Audio

Submitted by Gombi a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 28, 2004

Bottom Line:
First of all, let me start by saying that I was living in denial. For years, I took the more familiar approach of buying electronics from bigger chain retailers and lust for names such as BOSE, SONY and others. Well, I subscribed to Home Theatre Magazine last year and my entire outlook started to changed. First, I got a Denon receiver (Also from Pecar's) to replace my old SONY. Needless to say that made me want to change my entire speaker set from BOSE to something else. I went into Pecar's not sure what I was going to do but Def Tech magazine ads and reviews caught my attention earlier so I decided to give them a listen. I was sold instantly. The clarity, the detail, the punch on the C/L/R/2002 was way better than anything I have ever heard before. I used to own the Acoustimass 15 plus the VCS-10 for center channel duties. I was totally in awe when I bought this speaker home. The action and the dialogue is totally clear. This speaker also offers a bi-wiring option which I immediately took advantage of and then, just when I thought this speaker couldn't sound any better it hits me again with an even more open mid-range and better bass response. Also SACD's sound like never before when reproduce by this speaker. If like me, you have living in the Best Buy, Circuit City and ABC warehouse world of mediocre products and if you leave in the Troy, Detroit MI area do yourself a favor and give the C/L/R/ 2002 a listen. It is like Lester Burnham would say (American Beauty) es-pec-ta-cu-lar

Purchased At:   Pecars

Submitted by Gage a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 21, 2002

Bottom Line:
I replaced an aging Polk CS200 with this and what a difference. The greatest test for a center is to audition a DVD with bad dialogue recording, such as "Last of the Mohicans". This particular DVD has great dynamic range but voice encoding sucks, however the CLR2002 adds clarity to the dialogue. It integrates well with my BP8B fronts. I initially considered getting the Procenter C2 but payed the extra money for the CLR2002 with no regrets. This is definitely a speaker that only fits under the TV (I have a 32")on a shelf and not on top. It is big.

Purchased At:   Soundtrack

Submitted by Gary Bitters a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 29, 2002

Bottom Line:
I absolutely love this C/L/R2002 center channel. I used to have a Definitive Technology Pro-Cinema C-2 center channel. It sounded great, but even though the C/L/R2002 has the same tweeter and midrange in it the C/L/R2002 sounds much bigger, and voices sound like the actor is in my living room. It is very detailed and very dynamic. I love the way it looks, very sharp! I take advantage of its bi-wiring capability, and installed the adjustable feet so I can am it down to my sweet spot. I wanted to have full range speakers all the way around so I added a Definitive Technology Pro-Cinema Pro-Sub 200TL subwoofer via speaker wire up stream of the C/L/R2002. Man did that make this center channel kick butt! I now have much better performance then the C/L/R3000 do to the Pro-Sub 200TL having a 12" 250 watt amp compared to the 10" 150 watt woofer (not a real subwoofer) in the C/L/R3000. Do your self a favor and listen to this C/L/R2002, you will love it as I do. Here is my System:
Pioneer Elite Pro-520HD (TV)
Sony DVP-S530D (DVD)
Comcast Digital (Cable Box)
Denon AVR-3300 (receiver)
Definitive Technology Speakers:
BP2002TL (Front & Back)
C/L/R2002 (Center)
Pro-Sub 200TL (Center Sub)
Power Field 15TL (LFE Sub)
Philips Pronto (Remote)

Happy Listening

Purchased At:   Audio Connection

Submitted by Artman582 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 3, 2002

Bottom Line:
Great sound and construction.

Purchased At:   HOme Theater Store