Cerwin Vega E76C
Description: CERWIN VEGA 2-WAY CENTER, 125 WATTS => Model E-76C

Submitted by PaDave a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 20, 2006

Bottom Line:
Unreal, big step up from the Klh garbage i was used to, I am using this with a set of E-710 fronts and E-705 rears, CLCS-12 sub and i couldnt be happier. This center is crisp, and very clear and i am very immpressed. I will and always recommend CW

Submitted by paulruel a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 18, 2005

Bottom Line:
I bought this center channel at the sears sidewalk sale for half off. Paying only $100.00 and in need of a good strong center channel I couldnt resist. I'm a strong believer in matching signals so I feel the need to provide the same company spakers for my surrounds. Upon hooking up my new center channel to my reciever my listening changed forever. Since then I havent been able to even reach a high enough volume to blow these speakers.

Purchased At:   sear sidewalk sale

Submitted by fitzeke a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 9, 2004

Bottom Line:
I also reviewed the very similar Cerwin Vega LS-6C and this speaker in my experience is identical.

Timbre matches my other Cerwin Vega main speakers perfectly. Very nice speaker that does everything well and is not overpowering in any one area. For a center channel speaker, it has great dynamic range and great lower frequency extension. This means that the vocals sound clear and not muffeled. If you need to pick up a speaker to improve the clarity of the vocals when watching movies, this one is a good choice.

Submitted by Stiggyrawl a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 2, 2004

Bottom Line:
Very Solid Speaker

Submitted by MrPorterhouse a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 13, 2003

Bottom Line:
I have always been partial to the "sound" of Cerwin Vega. Powerful low end and crisp highs with a full midrange. The E-76C does not disappoint. Music comes alive and movies are powerfull. Dialog can be clearly heard, even during loud action sequences. I have researched and listened to many center channels, and this speaker is right up there with the other speakers in its class. It compares very well with the Polk Csi30. The Polk Csi40 will blow it away, but then again, it should because its a much more expensive model. All in all, if you can get a good deal on this speaker, don't pass it up. I recommend the E76C very highly. I actually use this speaker as my center back in my HT setup. I have the LS-6c(previous years model) as my center, LS12's as Fronts, Bose 201's as surrounds, and TWO Cerwin Vega LW15's as subwoffers. Yes, I said Two. I guess you could say I'm a bass freak. I've got a Pioneer Elite VSX 43tx and Pioneer DV-563A DVD Player to complete the package. The E76C works excellent as a center back, which in my HT is mounted vertically due to room configuration. By all means, give Cerwin Vega and the E76C a listen and you'll be happy you did.