Cambridge Soundworks Centerstage
Description: Center Channel Speaker

Submitted by ace5000 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 2, 2004

Bottom Line:
This is an amazing center channel that is warm and smooth yet detailed - a rare find. If you are like me and hate scratchy, hissey tweeters and an overall thin and raspy sound, this center is for you.
The trick is properly mating this center with front and rear speakers as Cambridge does not have a system that matches this center! They have fronts that "sound like" the Centerstage but has different woofers and tweeters...
I'm going to try to mate this thing with the Model Six up front and "The Surrounds 5.1" in the rear.

Submitted by n8wci a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 6, 2003

Bottom Line:
I really like this speaker. It has real warmth in this range, maybe a little more than necessary in female voices, but overall wholesomeness. The dual ports add to this.
This is a big speaker(wife doesn't like that),25x6x8, but the 5 1/4's make the size worth it!
I have the Ensembles(which may be a little weak in the midrange)as mains, but the CenterStage completely makes up for this in surround, and 5(?) channel stereo.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by LETICIA a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 3, 2002

Bottom Line:
What can I say? LOVE IT! Great bargain for the money! Nice clean crisp sound! Lots of power too!

Submitted by Steve a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 15, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have just upgraded to the CenterStage from the Center Channel Plus.....What a difference 115 dollars can make!! This speaker sounds like a million bucks! I can't believe I was missing so much. I configured it as a "large" speaker with my Denon AVR 2700, and I hear no evidence of straining or harshness. This is the final touch for my home theater speaker suite. All CSW of course (and all Henry Kloss designs).Thinking of buying some fancy name speaker???? People, repeat after me: A FOOL AND HIS MONEY SOON GO SEPERATE WAYS. These speakers ROCK!! And with the pricing these days they are literally a steal!!!
Sweet Sweet Sound for pennies.........

Give it a try. You WILL NOT be dissapointed

Purchased At:   HiFi.Com/Ebay Store

Submitted by GYOUNG3373 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 3, 2002

Bottom Line:
I purchased this to go with my ensemble II speaker system and Harman Kardon AR25 amp. I could not be more pleased. Sound is crisp, Bass response is excellent, and voices sound clear and natural. I would recommend this speaker to anyone wishing clear sound.

Purchased At:   Ebay