Simaudio Equinox
MSRP  1999.00
Description: <ul> <li>Accurate 50PPM digital clocking system</li> <li>Low impedance characteristics</li> <li>Separate digital and analog power supplies</li> <li>DC voltage regulation</li> <li>24-bit/352.8kHz processing</li> <li>A symmetrical circuit design</li> <li>Open/Close CD Drawer</li> </ul>

Submitted by JEFF_l a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 23, 2008

Bottom Line:
I'm reviewing the Special Edition version that recently won a Golden Ear Award from Absolute Sound. I've had it in my main system for a week and although it supposedly requires 400 hours break-in right out of the box it sounded better than my Musical Fidelity A308 which has been my reference for 5 years. Not that the A308 isn't a great CD player, but the Equinox SE presented more resolution and somewhat larger soundstage. Keep in mind that was right out of the box. If there is one thing I have learned with expensive audio gear you have to have patience during the break-in period.Right now I'm breaking in a Placette RVC, Nordost Frey speaker cables and the Equinox. This combination teamed with an Edge M8m, Tyler Acoustic speakers and a Legacy LF Extreme subwoofer is the reference system I've wanted all my life and as the new components break-in I am sure I'm going to be one happy audio camper!