Marantz CC-45
Description: 5 Disc cd changer

Submitted by wkas a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 14, 2008

Bottom Line:
A brief review. I've owned this unit for years, using it in my second (office) system), and it was a great bargain even when I purchased it new. The sound is excellent - clear and uncolored, which is all I ask of any source. And it has worked flawlessly, every day, for the better part of a decade. If I replace it, it will only be because it doesn't play MP3 encoded discs.

Purchased At:   Cambridge Soundworks

Submitted by Tim a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 8, 2000

Bottom Line:
I purchased this cd changer factory refurbished for a very good price. The sound quality is quite good overall (particularly in this price range), and this player accepts and plays every cd, even moderately damaged, that I have put into it.

Unfortunately, the display is fading out. However, the sound continues strong.

Purchased At:   audioadvisor.com

Submitted by Dan Souliere a a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 23, 1999

Bottom Line:
I bought this cd player from a pawn shop. He had no idea how good "Marantz" was and sold it to me for 100.00 canadian :) I took it home and hooked it up to my Marantz PM-30 integrated Amplifier. I was using my playstation as a cd player before i bought this one. What a difference! its unexplainable. I own a pair of Infinity speakers and didnt think much about them but now they have such clear sounds comming out of them and the imaging is beyond what i have ever heard before... the remote has a volume control on it and it lowers the output of the cd player so if you own an amp with no remote you bring the volume right down on the cd player crank the amp to about halfway and then turn up the volume on the cd player.. it works great! I have two 15" subs and it doesent even come close to skiping a cd i can even hit the side of the player and nothing will happen... i give this cd player a 5 star ratting especialy for 100 bucks :Þ

Duration Product Used:   a Casual Listener