Monster Cable Z300 Video Reference (F-pin Cable TV type) Video/Digital Cables

Z300 Video Reference Precision F-pin (Cable TV type) Cable

Submitted by Mahitorn a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 7, 2004

Bottom Line:
First of all, I'd like to say I'm post this review for Z300 S-video cable. I came across this cable by accident at small retailer shop in Bangkok. At that time, I still used MIT S-video cable and I found it rather reliable both the color and sharpness. At my home, I use 2 sets of DVD player, one is for high quality disc and the second is for the lows. My S-video connection is for the low quality discs.
I was still hesitate to double-invest in S-video cable when I bought this Z300 but after I plug it in, the difference is immediately shown. firstly, the improved brightness, sharpness and color saturation revealed. Then, after servral months, the imrpoved contrast has been clearly recognized. I tried it with 'The Rock' -Criterion edition. The result is alomst as good as I can get from my component video cables.
I'd like to recommend this cable for users who like to upgrade from normal S-video cables and feel the immediate differences but beware of it's brightness and sharpness when you play the low quality DVD because the inferior picture quality will be clearly revealed.

Purchased At:   Retailer in Bangok

Submitted by bardia bakhshandeh a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: February 1, 2001

Bottom Line:
THE BEST COMPONENT CABLE. EVER!!!!

I have it hooked up directly form the output of my
SONY DVP-9000ES to the SONY KV-36XBR400!!

Need I say more?

Purchased At:   Good Guys

Submitted by markl a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 20, 1999

Bottom Line:
I own Monster's entry-level video cable with an F-connector (name unknown). I was not convinced that it gave me better performance than that supplied by the cable co.'s cable. I was deeply unhappy with the quality of the image provided by these cables. I knew there must be something better. I first ordered MIT's top of the line video connectors, but for some weird reason, all local channels no longer came through! All I got was snow. I sent these back to Audio Advisor.I went to my local GoodGuys and bought the Z300 cable and connected it between my VCR and TV.
I have purchased all manner of high-end cables, but never before have I experienced a more demonstrable improvement. This cable does everuthing right! It improved both the picture and the sound quality by a degree that I would never have expected. "ghosts" disapeared and hum-bars were reduced by at least 50%. Also, the contrast of the image improved markedly, showing detail in shadows that had not been there before.
I have reason to believe that this cable is the same as the M1000v (the back of the package has a type-o referring to the M1000v instead of the Z300. Clearly, Monster has simply re-packaged the 1000-v as the Z300.
Whatever--bottom line-- RUN don't walk to your local stereo store to buy this cable. It's unbelievable!

BLG CP024: