DH Labs Silver Sonic D-75 Video/Digital Cables

4.79/5 (14 Reviews) MSRP : $62.00

DH-Labs D-75 is a thoroughly engineered, precision 75 ohm coaxial digital cable designed for accurate handling of digital audio signals. The most common use for this cable is to connect the digital output of a CD or DVD transport to an outboard Digital to Analog converter or other digital processor.

Submitted by StevenSurprenant a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 20, 2007

Bottom Line:
The moment I put this cable in my system I knew I had a winner. It far exceeded my expectations!

Prior to this, I had tried several coax cables and several optical cables to connect my DVD player to my receiver and the glass optical cable was hands down the winner by a good amount. I thought that it couldn't get any better than that. until I got the DH Labs D-75.

My entire system is now wired with DH Labs cables.

I have to tell you this...

DH Labs is the finest cable available for the money. I'm sure there is better, but I haven't heard any better.

I've had Monster, Audio Quest, Nordost, and several others, including some DIY's. What I like most about DH Labs is that it doesn't seems to impart any characteristics of it's own on the sound. It's virtually transparent and the full spectrum of sound is balanced.

I don't understand how cable can make a difference, but it does.

I bought my cable from Audio Concepts in Wisconsin. I told the gentleman there that I needed it in a hurry because I was having a friend from out of state coming to audition my system so I received the cable in three days from the time I ordered it using standard UPS shipping. I am very pleased with this company. Service couldn't be better.

Purchased At:   Audio Concepts

Submitted by upsetdog a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 13, 2004

Bottom Line:
I've used Radio Shack,Monster,AQ,and a few others,but this is by far the best I've heard.I always thought a digital cable just sent the 1,0's.After putting this on my Denon 2900 I had to turn the volume down.Much more dynamic and open then any other cable I've used. Now you can spend more but what will you get besides audio jewelry. Movie soundtracks are much more pronounced.Music has more wieght and slam to it.I'm an audio nut on a budget.How bout you? Give this a listen.You can't go wrong.

Purchased At:   online

Submitted by michael klementovich a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 18, 2003

Bottom Line:
This Digital Cable is the pound for pound champion. The Music Metre Fidelus is slightly more refined bt is 90.00 more. The MIT Digital Reference is 325.00 and is slow and fat in relation to the D-75.
And the Stereophile Favorite the D-60 Illuminations @ 160.00 is so far out the ballgame it isn't even a ballgame. THIS IS THE RUNAWAY...BANG FOR THE BUCK.Go buy yourself a D-75 DH Labs Digital and do not look back

Purchased At:   DhLabs

Submitted by Johnnysound a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 13, 2003

Bottom Line:
I have what can be described as a "modular" (to say the least) audio system with maybe too many components. My preamp configuration, for example, has 4 pieces (all Musical Fidelity X-series): two power supplies, a main unit and a tube output. Add an equalizer, BBE processor and tuner. In the digital front, two Monarchy DIPs (in series), two CD players/transports and (yes) two D/A converters. As you can guess at this point, two mono power amplifiers and some speakers. Can you imagine the amount of cabling for all this gear ?
Buying finished, high quality cables was not a wise financial decision, as I learned soon. Also, mixing many different brands and types of audio and digital cables has to be avoided from a technical point of view, so I had no options but to making them myself. I got bulk Silver Sonic BL-1 S2 audio and D-75 digital cable from Parts Connection, quite good RCA locking type (audio) and "Tifanny" (75 ohm) connectors from Parts Express, silver solder, shrink tubing, etc. and after a LOT of work ended with a full set of first class cables, for about 1/5 its store price. Both BL-1 and D-75 are excellent cables.

Purchased At:   Parts Connection

Submitted by Kenneth Chen a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2003

Bottom Line:
It totally upturns my previous thinking about digital cables. The D-75 is smooth, transparent and wide in soundstage. I also use two pairs of BL-1 from DH Labs in my system. They are all good investments in any mid priced system.

60.0 WA BLACK: