BetterCables Silver Serpent VGA Breakout Cable Video/Digital Cables

4.8/5 (10 Reviews) MSRP : $120.00

Engineered for video excellence. Our vga breakout cables are suitable for critical runs even as long as 200 feet or more – even with HDTV signals. Perfect for HDTV, Home Theater PCs, video scalers and any situation where signal quality should not be compromised. This cable enables your equipment to reproduce the best color saturation, black level and detail possible. We doubt there is a higher performing component cable available ANYWHERE at ANY price. The cable features solid 75-ohm silver-clad copper center conductors, hard-cell high-density foam PE insulation, 78 percent velocity of propagation, low 17.3 pF per ft capacitance, impedance-matched 75-ohm RCA or BNC connectors and triple shielding for unmatched RF and EMI interference protection. This cable is also NEC CL2 rated for in-wall use.

Submitted by Dan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 22, 2001

Bottom Line:
I am using this cable for output from my PC's VGA card to an Eizo 21" monitor.

Originally, I was using a generic VGA cable like every monitor comes with, and was disappointed at the image quality I was getting. At resolutions over 1280x1024, colors blurred together and high contrast colors such as black on white text would have a "shadow" extending 1-2mm to the right. This was not acceptable to me, so I bought a ABL VGA-5BNC cable for $35 which somewhat reduced but did not eliminate these problems. I then found the Silver Serpent line on the bettercables.com website, which seemed exactly what I was looking for. Checking the web for user reviews led me to Audioreview, and the positive comments here sold me.

This cable did not reduce the image problems I was experiencing, it eliminated them completely. The improvement seems more like a new monitor than a "simple" cabling upgrade.

I think anyone who spends hours a day staring at a monitor owes themselves one of these.

Purchased At:   bettercables.com

Submitted by Christian Vye a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 20, 2001

Bottom Line:
Provides an excellent picture with no problems.

Purchased At:   bettercables.com

Submitted by Arthur Greenberg a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 12, 2001

Bottom Line:
This is a superb product that is beautifully built with high quality BNC connectors. The mechanical construction is strong and attractive. The video reproduction was flawless with an increase in black level with my front projection Sony unit upon connection compared to the generic cable. A very reasonable cost for a high quality cable.

The only criticism is the lack of labeling on the (yellow and white) sync cables. I used "trial and error" to connect. This is a very minor concern since it is a one time issue at initial installation.

Submitted by Paulo a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2001

Bottom Line:
My custom made 10-ft. VGA breakout cable has worked beautifully with my Home Theater PC and 65" Mitsubishi. Other "do-it-yourself" solutions with mixing cables and adapters were both messy and provided a poorer picture quality.
In addition, customer service at BetterCables.com was very helpful, courteous and professional. Product quality is also excellent and I do not anticipate EVER having to repair or replace this cable with my current installation.

Submitted by Jusuf Santoso a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2001

Bottom Line:
Ever since I bought my S-Video cable from BetterCables.com more than a year ago and compare it to my Monster S-Video Premium 3, I've always trusted the quality of the cables from BetterCables. I just bought the Silver Serpent Digital Coax and Silver Serpent VGA to RGBHV recently and very happy with the quality.
The customer service is one of the best in the world, too. I changed my order "lord knows" how many times, and still got everything taken care of excellently.
Thanks !