BetterCables Silver Serpent Component Video Cable Video/Digital Cables

4.65/5 (51 Reviews) MSRP : $99.95

We are proud to introduce our new flagship Silver Serpent Component Video Cable. Engineered for video excellence. While small in physical size, these component video cables are GIANT in performance. Our cables are suitable for critical runs even as long as 200 feet or more. Perfect for HDTV and DVD (interlaced and progressive) and any situation where signal quality should not be compromised. This cable enables your equipment to reproduce the best color saturation, black level and detail possible. We doubt there is a higher performing component cable available ANYWHERE at ANY price. The cable features solid silver-clad copper center conductors, hard-cell high-density foam PE insulation, 75-ohm impedance (with impedance-matched connectors), low 17.3 pF per ft capacitance, and triple shielding for unmatched RF and EMI interference protection. This cable is also NEC CL2 rated for in-wall use.

Submitted by braggi a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 17, 2004

Bottom Line:
this component cable really does a excellant job, i tested other high end cable's and none could produce a better,sharper, detailed analog picture than this exact cable. others had thicker wire, were heavier overall, but did not surpass this cable and it is not thick. these tests were done on HDTV satellite, dvd, cable tv & displayed on a 144"x78" 16.9 aspect ratio da-lite screen by a sanyo plv60ht projecter. a picture this size shows everything.

Purchased At:   better cables. co

Submitted by wonderin_y a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 12, 2003

Bottom Line:
I'm new to home theater and recently set up one in my home. After reading several reviews on cables I decided on the silver serpent for value and quality.
I have a Sony Wega KV-34HS510 TV and the Sony DVP-S9000ES DVD player.
I had some older Monster cables I used as a comparison - don't remember the model #.
I compared the monster using the composite connection and the silver serpent using the component connection.
My TV allows me to view 2 sources by splitting the screen so it's easy for me to compare the 2 connections playing on the same DVD player and same DVD.
Although I was comparing component to composite - I saw little difference between the 2. The serpent should have been better strictly because it was using the better component connection.
Maybe on a RPTV or other type of projection system it would make a bigger difference.
I've found that there's a lot of marketing hype on most components and accessories and only the true audio/videophiles could find fault in blind comparisons between the most expensive equipment and the middle-range equipment.

Purchased At:   bettercables.com

Submitted by unreal a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2003

Bottom Line:
Provided excellent video output on my 50" panasonic plasma 5UY (which is the best picture you can see today, except perhaps for a prog-scan DVD signal playing on a 20" LCD panel with DVI input, but you can't put that 16 feet away from your couch :-) )

However, I noticed that the component video cable at avcable.com had the same (or better) specs and tried it out. It actually turned out to be MUCH beefier, like *3x* thicker, making the bettercables cable look like a cheapo; they are both built as solid as they need to be; my point it that the avcable is built with a lot more material. Anyway, there was no difference in picture between the two. I'm testing satellite, DVD, computer and HDTV X-Box signals.

The avcable.com cable is almost 1/3 the price. So, while the bettercables puppy is a good cable, the value is indeed a complete joke. (as the 1-star value rating indicates) You are wasting your money in a big way. I guarantee it.

Purchased At:   bettercables.com

Submitted by aq11 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 23, 2002

Bottom Line:
I wanted to audition but resisted because of $120.(6 ft.)price tag.Didn't think there would be much difference between my Wireworld and BetterCables. well,there certainly is.This is the most noticeable upgrade per dollar that I have made.I lucked out and picked it up throught audiogon.com for $65.I would have paid $120.for double the performance after using this component cable.

Purchased At:   audiogon.com

Submitted by meatyb0y a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 1, 2002

Bottom Line:
Well finished cable, nice in appearance. However, I received a defective sample that caused an unstable picture, and horrible green halos. I was not overly impressed with this cable, but I can't judge this given my defective sample. I am posting this review however to give positive comments regarding their satisfaction guarantee - when I called to return these cables, I was treated courteously, professionally, and my RA was processed with cheer and efficiency. So feel free to try these with no risk, as they are quite pleasant folks to deal with.

Purchased At:   Online