Belkin PureAV Silver Series S-Video Cable Video/Digital Cables

True 75-Ohm impedance and utilize premium-quality materials to deliver excellent clarity and superior color accuracy. Uses 99.9997% oxygen-free, PCOCC conductors and high-purity, silver solder joints.

Submitted by machani a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 31, 2007

Bottom Line:
I bought the 16' version of this cable to replace a 16' RadioShack s-video cable for use with my Infocus X1 projector. When I installed these cables I immediately noticed a huge difference in picture quality. The picture was actually brighter, so I had to reduce the brighness. The colors are also more vivid and realistic.

These cables also remove the graini-ness and hash, which I think is due to both good shielding and the use of the Ohno continuous cast copper, which have virtually no crystal boundaries.

My Infocus projector has the Faroujda de-interlacer, which constructs 24 full frames per second from 60 interlaced video frames per second (a process called 3:3 pulldown). The experience now is much more "film like" than with the previous cable.

It's completely uncanny on the difference this cable brought to my movie watching experience. When I connect my projector with my previous RadioShack cable its almost as if I've bought a cheap, low quality projector.

Purchased At:   eBay