Wire World Polaris Speaker Cables

4.5/5 (6 Reviews)

Submitted by Darrel Jenkins a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2001

Bottom Line:
Overall winner. Very quiet and transparent, which is the ultimate compliment to a compnent that is supposed to get out of the way. also: detailed and balanced wit hgreat soundstaging. Could you do better? sure, but expect to pay many multiples of this cables' price to do so.

Of course other say hunders and thousands of $$ on cables as "tone controls." If your system is especially bright, mushy or grainy - look elsewhere, cause this cable basically plays what it is given, no additions and certainly no subtractions. ENJOY!

Submitted by Dean Glatt a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 13, 1999

Bottom Line:
The WireWorld Polaris replaced my Kimber 4/pr cable. My system needs a lot of current and I've stuck w/Kimber for years because copper just sounded better in the low end with my system. Other silver cable I've tried produced weaker bass but smoother highs. With the Polaris (I bought it used) I found the best of both worlds and am very pleased. Not only did the low end tighten up but the high end improved dramatically. I am looking into WW's interconnect line now. I based my review on with the following equipment:Audio Alchemy ACD-Pro CD Player
Denon S10 mono amps/S10 Pre-amp
KEF 107 speaker system

Submitted by TomP a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 22, 1999

Bottom Line:
The best speaker and interconnect cable I have tried to date that really really does make a huge difference in your whether two channel or h/t system. I've tried Cardas Golden cross, kcag, AudioQuest before but this cable smokes them all. Its sonic performance includes very tranparent, extremely open at the top end sometimes make recording a tad too bright, well controlled bass and good smooth midrange too. Highly recommneded!

Submitted by Kofi Anim-Appiah a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: March 2, 1999

Bottom Line:
Clean, uncolored open sound. Taut, highly controlled bass. I have lived with the MkI of these speaker cables (and CD player-to-preamp) link. I cannot recommend them (or the equinox and Atlantis) more enthusiastically! AQ crystal sounded amazingly colored in my system.
HAFLER 9500 power amp
CJ PF2 preamp
NAD 5000 CD
Infinity RS 8Kappa (original ones)
Monster M1000MkIII preamp-to-power amp

Highly recommended!

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile

Submitted by Thomas a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 29, 1998

Bottom Line:
I own a pair of Polaris version 1s which replaced a pair of Audioquest Crystal in my system. The Polaris's were more extended at the extremes, were richer sounding with more resolution, and present the ambiance of a recording very well. These cables potentially could sound bright in some systems since there is no effort to tailor the frequencies to specific audiophile tastes. The frequency response is essentially flat with perhaps some extra in the midrange, but not much. I understand the newer Polaris is much improved, but I would have to hear them before I could recommend them at the current asking price (+/- $600 2.5m pr.). I bought my pair at a very attractive price as a close out and would give them 4 stars based on what I paid.

Wood Technology: