Van den Hul CS-122 Hybrid Speaker Cables

4.09/5 (35 Reviews)

For the demanding bass lovers who also appreciate a high level of detail

Submitted by Lasse Davidsson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 24, 2014

Bottom Line:
I was a tara- lab user for a long time (good stuff) but when I buy B & W CM1 the tara-labs was not sounding that good, they just didn´t work together. So I bi-wired my Technics su-v 900 up with the teatrack and D-102 III interconnect between cd and amp. The result was really good, and that has been my setup for a couple of years now. The teatrack provides good clear bass, warm mid, and clear tweets. My verdict is REALLY GOOD. (I have the VDH hybrid speakercables to my subwoofer also, with good result.)

Submitted by Audionaut a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 13, 2010

Bottom Line:
Very subtle, detailed. Not the varmest cable around, mids can be slightly “cold” in some set-up. I ran them on Rega R7. With my Marantz PM7001KI I found them to "cold/technical"-sounding", with my Naim Nait XS they were just right. Very good buy. My guess is that it's very goog for "brighter" speakers and "warmer" amps. But - you just have to try it out to see. Anyway: Rega R7 + Naim Nait XS + CS-122 = Fabolous.

I have also compared this cable to the Van den Hul D-352, wich have more bass, and and a slightly warmer sound.

Pros: Detail, balanced, not too bright. Bass control. Good price. Easy to terminate.

Cons: Can be a bit cold in the mids in some set ups, but can also be a perfect match indeed.

Submitted by smitson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 10, 2009

Bottom Line:
I just bought VDH CS-122 not long ago replacing no name cable (2,50mm2) I got from my friend. I wasn't very satisfied with the overal sound of my system (Marantz PM7001, CD6002, ST6001; Speakers:Dali Concept 6; Interconnect; D-102 Hybrid); the lack of control of overal soundstage was obvious, so I decide to try CS-122 to try to improve this.

After a week of listening I must say that I am very satisfied mostly because the boomy bass has disapeared (very well controled/defined) but didn't loose a that punch. High and mid range are extremely rich in detail and what is most important (at high and low volume) very pleasant for listening. No harshness and headache even after hours of listening. Very natural sound, warm and neutral.

I like it so far even though it didn't burn in all the way!!!

And let's don't forget that we all have unique flavors! :)

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by ideainnova a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 12, 2005

Bottom Line:
Cut high band to prevent you from hearing harshness&hum of of your system. Also a boom of bass that your system lack to produce any lowband to hear. With lack of trebles and booms of bass around there is only midrange to hear that is out of reality. My timing, dynamism, air, stage, timbres, my music everything is lost at all. Hey people there, you dont listen to music, I know you hear some sounds in your rooms inside a pair of speaker making sounds in turn to critisize as open, good, bad, detailed, harsh etc. A cable is a media to transfer information to speakers.

Purchased At:   hi-end store burned

Submitted by STIFA a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 13, 2004

Bottom Line:
This is a very fine cable that made my system sound better.I have Marantz SR6300 and B&W DM601 S3 speakers and with them I got VDH Skyline Hybrid, that seemed OK to me but I thought that there was something missin'.
I gave away the money and I got sound , Inspite what other people said in this forum I heard/compared CS-122 and Skyline(5 bucks a metre) and didnt found that MUCH DEEPER BASS or SUBWOOFER BASS but it is still better and it sounds different and cleaner, bu I was overwhelmed with its treble and Mid capacities that sounded MUCH better.
Voices are COOL and Natural and treble gives away all the detail that it should.
I bought it because I needed more bass on my -58hz speakers and I got a little more, and much more in upper frequencies/

That was my budget limit 4 cables (six meters x 12 bucks) and I dont regret it but I wish it had a little more bass, but my speakers are limited to 58 so...

Cool buy anyway, strong and good looking.
CYA 2 ya ALL