ULTRALINK EXCELSIOR Speaker Cables

Submitted by tbabis a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 26, 2004

Bottom Line:
First time to write a review here.This is because of this excellent product.These cables beat up my Genesis Silver Spiral and Vdh the wind. Also bettered other cables costing many times more as all agreed.The most important thing about them imho is the tonal balance and neutrality which is correct from top to bottom. No booming with these cables guys, only controlled bass. The highs are very rich but maybe not as smooth as others said at least in my system.Midrange is clear and neutral, no colouration.Soundstage is good and big but other cables are bigger here.Not a problem though.I haven't found another product until now, which has the cost/performance of these cables.
Trully great ! A friend replaced his stock cables in a rather cheap HT system with these Excelsior cables and guess what ! He has a true Hi-End sound right now!! This HAS NEVER HAPPENED TO MY EARS before with ANY component replacement I have done.The sound was 4-5 times better, I just could'nt believe it! Recommended upgrade to ALL of you guys who don't want to spend a fortune in cables.I give 5 stars for value and 4.5 for sound.

Submitted by Brian a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2002

Bottom Line:
I am VERY satisfied with these cables! I bought them on the recommendation of a fellow Magnepan owner, who had tried a lot of other (more expensive) cables and thought these were the best. For some reason they seemed to improve the bass, which is not what you would expect (however, I was replacing extremely low-end wire). I bought custom lengths of 40 feet to solve a room problem, and they STILL sound wonderful!

Amp: Acurus DIA-150
Speakers: Magnepan MMG
Tuner: Yamaha CT-7000

Submitted by John a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2000

Bottom Line:
Out of the box this product surprised me allot. It gave my speakers (NHT 1.5’s) new life and sparkle. Retailing for about $170.00 (paid $115.00) I think it can outperform products at least 3 times their cost. Go to the manufacturer’s site: ultralinkcables.com and look for your nearest dealer. After you do that, get the dealer if they can to loan you a pair so you can try them out for a week. I think you won’t be disappointed. I always visit audioreview but never posted a review before. This product exceeded my expectations so much that I had to somehow get the word out that this is an exceptional product that needs to get noticed. Good job ultralink.

Submitted by Omer Humayun a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 1, 2000

Bottom Line:
I received this product on Nov 30, 2000. I usually break in cable for at least three days before listening to it crtically. From the get-go it caught me by surprise. The highs are VERY smooth. This cable would mate really well with any Canadian speaker, especially Paradigm. What I noticed the most was the soundstage. It was wider than the XLO ER12 that was on my system before I hooked this stuff up. Highly recommended for anybody on a budget that wants a good quality speaker cable without breaking the bank. I paid $130US for a 15 foot pair factory terminated with bananas.
Current system:
AMC 3025 integrated amp
AMC CD9 cd player
Monitor Audio Silver 3 speakers
Vibrapod isolators for all components
XLO Ultra 1 interconnect
I can hardly wait until this wire is fully burned in! :-)

Submitted by Jason a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 21, 1999

Bottom Line:
I actually bought the Bi-Wire version of this cable which is $200. I tried out many different cables from my dealer, including ones from MIT, Monster Cable, Straight Wire, and Kimber Cable. Ultralink is a newer Canadian company. The company's goal is to introduce alternatives to what they consider to be an overpriced market. Which I think they do very well. To behonest these are not the very best cable out there, but they are the best deal that I found. THe preformed better than cables at least double there price. The sound, has a sonic disposition best described as rich and well-rounded. The highs were smooth, and clear. Detailed midrange and excellent bass.I give these cables a 5 for value
and a 4.5 for the sound