Transparent Audio Link 100 Speaker Cables

Submitted by posta a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 5, 2005

Bottom Line:
This review is for the high performance digtal coaxil this is very nice very qiet for movies and music sound s better than tara aq monster and many more for this price

Purchased At:   LA Audio

Submitted by Montana4 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 24, 2002

Bottom Line:
Since when does plastic equate to high-end pricing? I borrowed a set to upgrade from some inexpensive Stinger car audio interconnects to run back into the pre/in on my SR-19 from the RBH sub. They gave me a bit more soundstage through the midrange, but at tradeoff of losing most of the high frequency detail. Immediately, my wife said "no way". I sought out a set of Vampire Wire "SCII" to compliment the rest of the Vampire line I use. They sounded great out of the box and have gotten better each day since. For about the same money, there's no comparison. The Link 100 build quality at the RCA may not even be as good as Radio Shack Gold Series, while Vampire Wire consistently compares to interconnects costing 2-3 times as much. I can't recommend them enough. Oh yeah, one more thing, they have this little black box (god knows what it really does)on the cable that's made out of that high grade plastic material just like the screw-on shielding at the RCA's. I could've purchased the Link 100's for 1/2 the retail price, but I wouldn't use them even if they were free.

Submitted by Zeus a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 21, 2001

Bottom Line:
They sound good but not sure how much I can attribute to cables as I replaced components and speakers all at the same time. The dealer felt very strongly about these cables, I'm not so sure it wasn't due to a nice margin.

The construction is not what it should be for this price. These are at the lower end for Transparent and for the money the high end for other makers such as Monster Cable, Audio Quest etc. So I am not sure if I could not have gotten simalr performance with other cables for less money.

I'm not disappointed with the performance, it is just alot of money to spend on cables. I have read in Audiophile magazines where in blind test listeners could not tell the difference in cables.

My rears are running on 14 gauge Monsters and sound plenty good.

Most dealers won't go thru the trouble to test against other cables, so I went on their recommendation. Having read different reviews on this site, it seems most people are pleased with the different brands.

So I guess what I am saying is have the dealer prove that one cable is better than another before dropping your cash. I think the differences will be very small and you would do better to put more of your budgeted money into better speakers. That will make a much bigger difference.

Purchased At:   Sound Components

Submitted by Ash Patel a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 23, 2000

Bottom Line:
i got this cable after addign the Musical Fidelity x-dac to the marantz 63mkII cd player( now used as transport ).

After replacign the van den hul with the Transparent audio , the soundstaging impoved big time !
The midrange was much clearer, vocals are so crisp and clear , bass is tighter , treble is not rolled off .
The van del Huls are more open I find but then they dont get the bass as punchy or midrange as clear in my current setup.

power amp is nad 216 thx
linn kolektor preamp
QED silver genesis biwired spkr cable
transparent audio link 100 betwene dac and preamp
van del hul between pre-amp and amp
marantx 63mkII cd player ( used as transport)
Musical fidelity x-dac - i use fibre optic link between them as i find the soudn much more accurate than a coax digital cable - and i tried 300pounds dig coax link and they didnt come close to the fibre optic one - the dealer was surprised too !!

happy listening.

im auditioning the Rotel 1095 this weekend - hopefully it should improve the sound stage by a lot.
will send anoter review if the soundstage , etc improves

Submitted by **BRyAN** a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 28, 2000

Bottom Line:
I use Transparent BNC ended connects for my cd to amp, but haven't had a chance to compare them o anything else. But I was using Audioquest speaker connects, Type 12, I believe. When I put the Transparents in their place my jaw dropped in amazement at the dramatic improvement in sound quality. Most improved may be the bass. It was tighter & more abundant. Bet overall sound quality improved. The highs were brilliant, not at all rolled off. Sound stage & resence was improved. Adding the Transparent cables was like moving up a model in components. If you want to improve your system for not a lot of money I would suggest trying the Transparent cables. My system is Krell 250CD & KAV300i driving Dynaudio contour 2.5's. I also had a chance to compare some single ended cables. Transparent, Audioquest Topaz & Monster cable. I put them between cd & preamp. And also between pre & power amp. This comparison was done with a Denon CD player & some Adcom separates. Audioquest & Transparent were both far superior to the Monster. I preferred the Tranparent over the Topaz. Transparent gave a much more tighter & controlled bass response, as well better definition & high end. I was sceptical about Transparent at first because of the networking. But I am in favor of anything that gives that much improvement in my system & still keeps the integrity of the music. If you haven't guessed by now I highl recommend Transparent.

Premier Mounts: