TMC White Label Interconnects Speaker Cables

4.78/5 (27 Reviews) MSRP : $220.00

-low density, closed-cell air-foam, bonded dielectric -highly polished pure copper-clad aluminium single solid conductor -solid copper shielding -silver solder -gold plated, teflon insulated, high quality locking type RCA plugs

Submitted by magisterludi a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2006

Bottom Line:
Absolutely incredable to get an IC at this price that performs this well. Reminds me of the older JPS Superconducter+. Highly reommended! A true bargain!
( See my review for TMC Gold speaker cable as that description applies for these)

Purchased At:   used

Submitted by Steve Huff a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 25, 2003

Bottom Line:
i bought these to replace my tara Labs ref Gen II cables. With all of the hype and testimonials on their web site, I HAD to try them, and the price was right. I recieved them in only 4 days from Australia. FAST! BUt When I took them out, they were super stiff. Like a coat hanger! the connecters were cheap, and the little rubber band color coders were falling off. Anyway, I hooked them up and let them burn in by playing my CDP 24 hours a day for a week straight!

All of the sudden my Sonus faber Guarneri's sounded muffled. Like a blanket was over them. My wife said the speakers sounded worse than her car stereo!

I did not even think to change the cables, as the speakers were only here for 2 weeks prior. Anyway, today I switche dout cables to Homegrown Audio Silver lace and my speakers came to life. The TMC cables made my $25k system sound BAD. I emailed them to get a return authorization and explained why I wanted a refund. I was sent a replay a day later telling me they are not too stiff, and I need to play them for a couple weeks to burn in. I had to email a 2nd time to get the return instructions. these are NOT a bad IC. For the money, they are hard very good and beat Monster hands down.

Purchased At:   Web Site

Submitted by Brian a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 17, 2003

Bottom Line:
These cables are the nicest balance I have ever heard.They excel in soundstage.
They sound simply huge in a large room with floorstanders.King was good to deal with and the improvement over my Monster M550i is huge.Tonally,rythmically,dynamically and balance are all outstanding but still you notice silence and smoothness also.
I think they just let the signal through with minimum interference and that is the secret.

Purchased At:   TMC

Submitted by Denis Sureau a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is a good starter. Clean and very well balanced from top to bottom. Open and neutral. I even prefer it to the TMC Yellow wich is warmer, but less detailed. A good value, but not the best value. The similar priced DH LABS BL1 series II is a bit better (more detailed, more revealing, bigger soundstage).

Submitted by Roy Locke a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 17, 2001

Bottom Line:
First of all let me say that although these cables are stiff, they are very bendable and you can form these to fit in tight places if you take the time. Second of all I do not like the RCA's, even after locking the plugs they slipped off of my CD player (Cary CD 303) I removed the locking plugs and gently tightened the RCA's with a pair of pliers (please be careful if you try this) I attached the locking plugs and that did it! That said, let me address the review by Mr Yamaha below. I don't know why he was hearing squashed sound with no dynamics. It only took me several moments of listening to hear how special these cables are. Right out of the box they were dynamic,airy, and smooth with plenty of detail and depth with a big soundstage. After a couple of hours they sounded even more open and relaxed. What more can you ask for? The yellow seemed to need more break in time, so I moved them to my tuner. Since they are fully broken in I will switch them to my CD player and give a review in a couple of days. Suffice it to say that these TMC White cables will hold their own with anything out there and will embarass most! These replaced a $192.50 1/2 meter pair of Goertz Saphhire silver cables. (and I love Goertz) This should tell you something! Even at the full retail price I would consider these a good buy. I have a biwire pair of their speaker cables on order. At the discount price available over Audiogon, they are simply a steal! Very highly recommended!
My current system:

Odyssey Monoblocks
Transcendent Grounded Grid pre/amp
Alon II speakers(Goertz silver biwired)
Cary CD 303 CD player TMC white label
Pioneer 70's tuner TMC yellow label
BEL "The Wire" pre/amp to amps
Rotel 900 t/t with Origin Live modified REga RB250 arm
Dynavector 20X MC cartridge
Lehmann Black Cube
(3) Omega Mikro PLanar power cords (red) wave treated on front end equipment plugged into RGPC
(2) The Absolute Power Cords on amps