Tara Labs RSC Reference Generation II Speaker Cables

Submitted by Wilfred a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 20, 2002

Bottom Line:
This cable is awesome! It's very detail and warm, soundstage is very deep and wide. The mid and lo area are the best of this cable, high is good, but not as good as some of the other one out there. For the price, you really can't do wrong with this pair. The built quality is second to none. Silver body with locking rca plugs, body is not too stiff like some other cables out there.

There are many cables out there at this price range, and they all somehow sound different in some ways. Whether it sounds good depends on your equipments and applications, it's fun to mix and match to try different cables until you are satisfied with it. I settled with this great pair for my preamp to amp connection! :)

The Reference Generation 2 is also used by many reviewers out there and considered as reference for its price range too! Highly recommended!

Submitted by Jude a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: June 28, 2001

Bottom Line:
Since the price was so low at auction, I decided to buy these on a whim, not necessarily expecting them to become my primary interconnects (which were, at the time, Audioquest Corals).

When they arrived, I was surprised at their size -- they're quite thick, and the locking RCA plugs are huge (which some may consider a plus, some a minus). The build quality is excellent.

As I stated in the "Strengths" field, the Tara RSC Reference Gen 2's possess, in my system, a great combination of warmth, full-bodied sound, and great detail. So far, my system has sounded more fatigue-free with these Taras than with any other interconnects I've tried. For me, avoiding listening fatigue is of the utmost importance, since almost all of my listening is through headphones, and total listening time per day varies between six and ten hours.

I very highly recommend the Tara RSC Reference Gen 2 interconnects.

Purchased At:   Audio Asylum Auction

Submitted by Pete a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 30, 1999

Bottom Line:
I was looking for a good sounding cable to be connected between my Marantz CDP and Amplifier.
I compared the Tara Labs Prime 55, RSC Axiom, and RSC Ref Gen II to determine the best bang for the buck.
I expected the performance to level off before the cost did but I heard a consistent improvement each time I listened to the better cable leading up to the Ref Gen2.
The soundstage image, dynamics, extended bass notes, and vocal presence were sweet to listen to.
After falling in love with the Ref Gen2 I was dissapointed to go back and listen to the other two cables. I had no other choice but to purchase these even if it cost more than I had anticipated spending.
When I returned to the HI-FI dealer to return the other cables I was told that there is still room for sonic improvement if I wanted to audition a cable better than the RefGen2. I was curious to hear what that could sound like, but I had to resist for fear that I would be persuaded to spend more money. Always better to NOT know what your missing.
I have owned the RefGen2's for 2 months now and am still enjoying their sound. It is unfortunate that cables of these caliber couldn't be made for better prices so more people could enjoy them.

Submitted by Craig a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 16, 1999

Bottom Line:
I Really like the Ref.Gen II . I've used it as my pre to amp cable. I now use it for the center channel cable in a bi amp config and use Tara Master Gen II for the L&R channels. Ref is not as sharp or bright sounding as the Master Gen is. Both are built the same, with high quality locking connectors and a heavy braided. The Master Gen has a common ground between the L&R cable that can be connected and I believe you can order the Ref Gen II with the ground at an extra charge. In some systems this ground can eliminate some buzzing problems. Overall both are great cables, especially if you have plenty of room behind your equipment rack because they are a LITTLE STIFF

60.0 WA BLACK: