Tara Labs RSC prime 1000 Speaker Cables

4.45/5 (22 Reviews)

speaker cable

Submitted by jason a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 8, 2007

Bottom Line:
I have tried a variety of the mid to high end cables and I decided I’d give these a try. I purchased these, hooked them up and listened for several months to determine if there was any great difference in performance to justify the cost. I listened to every type of music I had, as well as DVD movies for the dynamic highs and lows. The bottom line: I didn’t hear any noticeable differences compared to other cables I’ve used.

Later I called Tara Labs to ask about the properties of their cables. I was unpleasantly surprised at what I found. Their so called customer service is The_Worst_On_The_Planet. They are incompetent, disrespectful and they just plain don’t give a damn. You would expect this company to be appreciative of their customers. Instead they just don’t give a damn.

Submitted by posta a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 5, 2005

Bottom Line:
I have to say these cables are very nice.The price I paid is nothing to what these cables are really worth,andI hav eused Monster Z series cable(junk) Audioquest type 6(very nice) Transparent(expiensive as hell). None sound as smooth,tight,clear,and the speakers diseper in the room

Purchased At:   LA Audio

Submitted by Smooothzzs a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 19, 2005

Bottom Line:
What really caught me in my seat was the flowing smoothness that this cable has. Never fatiguing at all with definitely better defined bass than those AQ cables produced. Details are really well-preserved, never adding harshness nor grain to treble and mid-treble. Vocals are thick tube-like even on transistors, bass deep but controlled never overemphasizing.
Overall a must buy for mid-hi set-up perhaps due to it's triangular core design???...

Purchased At:   Singapore

Submitted by Jasper a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 24, 2004

Bottom Line:
These TARA Labs bi-wired are fine cables in their own 'smaller scale’ quality; tubelike closed intimate (but not narrow!) soundstage, sort of 'wool-like' pleasant bass. They have their own pleasantly modest, friendly but good character definitely, rather smooth and round, more soft than strong. Now my system is more balanced than it used to be, I’ve recently switched to JPS Labs Superconductor+ speaker cables, these JPS Labs’ are much more ‘high-end’; stronger and more open soundstage and better bass definition. Still smooth though. A big step forward also, while what I left from was not bad at all and had its own distinct and very pleasant quality. Good cables these TARA’s and I’ve owned and used them with joy. If you come across these, try them. They are most charming.

Purchased At:   used

Submitted by Sonefree a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 17, 2004

Bottom Line:
I wanted to try be-wiring with my great PSB Silver'i, and came over theese cables.
My old cables where MIT terminator 5, and I could realy hear the difference. Don't know if the be-wiring have something to do with it, but the Prime cables realy made my system sound bether. I belive that good cables transfers the signal cleaner, and make the sound more real. You hear every instrument in detail. I have tried a lot of cables, and know that a cable will not make magic on your system. I belive that you can expect even more if you biamp with them. I have always wondered what you get from a company that makes 100 different models, and buy something in the middle. I would say that this is one of the most expensive Tara-labs cables, therefore you get most of their technologi, and that's what I go for. The same with my great speakers. PSB Gold'i is the only model over my Silver'i therefore I get the most of PSB's technology. I use prime 500 with my PSB C5 center speaker, and I'm very happy with my sound at the moment =)
Sorry for my bad English