Tara Labs Prime 500 Speaker Cables

Submitted by gilbert a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: March 13, 2001

Bottom Line:
I am using it in a double run configuration for bi-wiring all my front channels (L,R,C). Provides excellent clarity, and detail(without the harsh brightness) in the mids and highs, and opens up the low end providing a bigger soundstage....very dynamic. Big improvement to my system. I am mating it with Paradigm Reference speakers, Sunfire, B&k, and Pioneer Elite electronics. Highly recommend.

Submitted by Greg Himmelman a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: March 9, 2000

Bottom Line:
I was surprised at how much of a difference in sound quality there was from the other cables I've used. I've always heard the wide range of qualities between amps, speakers and cd players but have been somewhat skeptical when it came to high-end cables. These cables have changed my mind.

The RSC Prime 500 is a two conductor wire. Two runs of this wire are required for biwriring and recommended over the Prime 1000.

Submitted by Jay a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 8, 2000

Bottom Line:
This is a bargain price biwire cable capability for an entry level to intermediate audiophile system. It has a clear and clean sound for the top end frequency sound, but the bass is not as tight as I expected. If you have $100 more to spend, I recommend you buying RSC prime 1000.... much better sound from top to bottom.

Submitted by Brad a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 29, 1999

Bottom Line:
The Tara Lab Prime 500 has good highs but seem to be very layed back in the mids. The dynamic range also is more compressed compared to the monster cable I was previous running in the system.
System: