Silver Audio Hyacinth Speaker Cables

4.5/5 (10 Reviews) MSRP : $275.00

$275 for one meter pair Silver braided cable, next generation design

Submitted by benkell a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 13, 2003

Bottom Line:
Not happy experience with the cable and not happy experience with this Max Man. Before buying product, he seems kind and answers all the questions. However, after you pay the bill, all questions are answered with a rude and impatient manner.
The cable sounds just so so. For bass it cannot beat my old AudioQuest. For high it left far behind siltech. And it does not sound musical, compared to harmonic technology.
This cable is not even a choice if you have never buy any cables beyond $10 and want to brag about your "silver" gear to show off. So many products on the market and used market now that have the similar price and sound far more better.

Purchased At:   Direct

Submitted by Murshed Muzaffar a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: June 12, 2001

Bottom Line:
First of all I used only solid state amp- my Eagle amp, and in the homes of some dealer friend's amps Spectral, Mark Levinson, and Krell. I did not use any tube amp, my power conditioner are Ps audio, Monster Hts 2000, powercable Absolute Power Cable, speaker cable Nordost, Kimber, and Audio Analysis. Cd player Theta, Krell, and Mark Levinson. The speakers were used my Eminent Technology, friend's B$W Nautilus, and Revel.
My finding after 350 hours burning .5m rca interconnect is: Silver Audio Hyacinth is very quit or silent cable, it has neutral mirange, and good detail especially upper frequency, it has also pretty good sound stage and imaging, and ok depth. But as it is pure Silver cable, the harmonic of music is little bit bleach, music is not warm enough, ambiance or bloom is missing little bit. The system sounds hifi, rather than high-end. Upper frequency although detail, it is tinkly sounding. I tried quite a few silver cables(pure silver, home made silver, Alpha Core, Siltech) , but Hyacinth is less bright or grainy sounding than other silver wire. So, my point is if you are using neutral solid state amps, then it is better not to use Silver Audio Hyacinth to play music, but if you use tube amps which have inherent bloom than yes Silver Audio will be good choice, or if you have warm sounding solid state amps Plinius, Jeff Rowland, Aloia, Blue Circle than Silver Audio probably will be good match. After all it is system matching.

Now, Harmonic Technology Pro-SilkwayII has got great reviews from reporter of Stereophile's Michel Framer, Absolute Sound's Dan Sweeny, and others. So, I was intrigued and tried .5 meter rca, my finding is that as it has two pure copper strand and two pure silver strand, the HT sounds best of both world. It has good detail like silver cable, but without high frequency emphasis (not tinkly), nice neutral midrange, good ambiance or bloom, but not as much as Cardas or Jps. The best part it has real 3-dimensional sound with good depth. The only weakness is that HT has less silent or quietness between music than Silver Audio Hyacinth; probably HT is not braided design like Hyacinth. So, I am looking for cable which is like HT, but more silent or quite sounding, more midrange bloom and ambiance, and as much as detail as silver cable (my finding copper is not as detailed), but without its stated problem with solid state amp. Any Suggestions? Please no diy project!!!

Purchased At:   e-audio

Submitted by Jeffrey a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: March 6, 2001

Bottom Line:
The remarks above say it all. I hate magic stones. I don't put wierd little tuning dots on my equipment. I don't comb the hairs in my carpet a certain direction before listening. I HATE RIP-OFF TWEAKS! So when I opine that this company's products DO make a difference, a superb one, that has my wife asking if we can play her favorite operas tonight, well...

It is unfortunate that the gentleman below had a bad experience. I have known Max and Kimberly (business partners and life partners) for over a year. Friendly, honest, flexible, "the customer is always right" attitude, low key, no hype--simply great (and nice) people with whom to do business.

No, they are not as cheap as Radio Shack. But one listen with these relatively affordable (oxymoron in high-end audio?) wires and you, too, will be saying "Shame on you!" to the Multi-kilobuck snake oil companies.

Purchased At:   Silver Audio

Submitted by Joe A. a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 27, 2001

Bottom Line:
For starters please let me just say that my experience with MAX was nothing less than a PLEASURE. MAX, dont bother responding to negative reviews of your PRODUCTS or STELLAR SERVICE. Your personalized service is one of the main reasons that your company has succeeded. Many a great product has failed due to poor customer service. SILVER AUDIO is not going to be one of them. Max is a fair guy that takes extreme pride in his products. Hey Max, "you can please some people sometimes but you cant please all da people all da time". With that said, the Hyacinth interconnects are an amazing buy. I have pretty much heard or bought all of the cables that do this that or the other thing. Nothing I've heard delivers such detailed, grain free highs, liquidy smooth mids and bass slam like the Hyacinths. They are well worth the investment or at least an audition that I know will lead to a purchase. And remember, Max has built Silver Audio's reputation through his ability to conduct customer relations on a one to one basis. Try to call Monster Cable and speak to the president of the company. Max has brought my system to a new level with his cable designs. Yes, the purpose of my review was to just state that Max is a good man with a great product. Max, dont cut this guy off, just try to help him again. No need to sling mud with him. You could get thousands of reviews like his and it doesnt change the fact that Silver Audio has the best product line out there......END OF STORY........There is no better bang for the buck.

Purchased At:   Direct from Silver Audio

Submitted by Tony a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 22, 2001

Bottom Line:
Apparently, Ken had problems with Silver Audio customer service (review below). I think Ken presented his gripe in a useful manner by including emails he exchanged with Max. People often have varied experiences with a company, and I do not wish to negate Ken's message. However, my experience was different. I purchased 3 pair of cables from Silver Audio last September and received excellent, personal service from Max. Furthermore, the standard size spade connectors on the Silver Symphony 48's did not fit my speaker binding posts (Vienna Acoustics speakers require 9mm spades), and Max quickly shipped me a replacement set of cables with the large spades.

Prior to selecting Silver Audio, I auditioned Nordost Blue Heaven and Kimber Hero interconnects, and Transparent Audio speaker cables (I forget the model). To my ears, the Nordost were far too bright and sizzled on the high end. Kimber Hero was pretty good, but had more grain and compression. I prefer a mellow, warm sound, and with Silver Audio Hyacinths came closer to my goal. Very smooth sounding cables with a seemless voice. The treble is quite liquid and open. These cables do not, however, bloom or emphasize the bass. Perhaps Cardas Golden Reference or Golden Cross would give a warmer sound to my system, but I'm happy with Silver Audio and have yet to hear more pleasant sounding cables.

Note: These cables took a long time to break in, at least in my system (all new components). It was several weeks before the sound mellowed to full potential. It was worth the wait. I give Silver Audio my strongest endorsement.

Classe CA-300
Classe CP-47.5
Classe CDP 1.5
Vienna Acoustics Mozart speakers
Silver Audio Hyacinth interconnects (premium balanced)
Silver Audio Silver Symphony 48 speaker cables