Siltech SQ-88 GOLD G3 Interconnect Speaker Cables

3.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Submitted by Toppaz a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 14, 2008

Bottom Line:
Before purchasing the Siltech cable I was using hand made pure silver PTFE insulated interconnects in a £7000 system and did not expect to improve on their excellent performance. Therefore when I first fitted the Siltech cable I was not surpised to hear a very similer sound, really excellent but on a par with the pure silver interconnect. However, over the next few days when listening to CDs i thought I new inside out I started to hear detail I had not relised existed, base lines I had not been aware of before, I just started to find that I was tapping my feet more and simply enjoying the music to a greater degree. Although this cables does not initially jump out at you, give it an hour or two and you will be amazed at what you were missing. This cable is quite simply amazing.
Above price is in GBPs

Purchased At:   Second Hand

Submitted by muzz777 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2004

Bottom Line:
No tonal cohesion, timber in your face after breakin, no mid bass, poor imaging.Terrible with solid state gear. If you do not believe me then you spend 3 months auditioning and return them. These were the worst cables(other than monster)for the money!

Purchased At:   Spirit Sound