Siltech LS-25 Mxt Speaker Cables

4.25/5 (4 Reviews)

Submitted by muzz777 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2004

Bottom Line:
If you love these cables then you are lazy. I spent 3 months a/b ing the whole line of overpriced poorly made cable. If you disagree, then go listen to nordost, acoustic zen , harmonic technologies, transparent, MIT, ultra link, and others. Poor bass in every price range.

Purchased At:   spirit sound

Submitted by Bert Vosse a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 14, 2002

Bottom Line:
After listening for several hours it became clear to me why this cable is direct related to the highly aclaimed Siltech Generation 3 range. With it’s delecate highs, smooth mids and low level details, it was easy to pinpoint the musical details. The touching of the piano keys and the breathing of Diana Krall, were never so real life and room filling before. Although this cable isn’t cheap it can certainly reveil all the details at a close level like it’s much pricier LS-38 G3 brother, only at a much friendlier price.

Purchased At:   Homefidelity

Submitted by Glenn a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2002

Bottom Line:
I was lucky enough to find someone within driving distance (2 hours away) to let me hear these before I made the decision to purchase.... After spending over 400 hours burning in my previous cables, I was very disappointed with their lack of detail and transparency. Listening to a single pair of LS-25's on his system was very satisfying in the amount of detail, imaging, and transparency I was hearing. When the second set was added (bi-wired) an even greater amount of detail came out, and I bought both pairs right there, on the spot. Once they were hooked up to my system, an amazing amount of clarity and detail came through, and there was such transparecy as to make the sound not even appear to be coming from the speakers... yes, they really do make the speakers seem to disappear...! They are great cables... one piece I put on of harp music initially made me think that I had blown a tweeter or something, as there was a certain sound that started coming out of the speakers in between the phrases during the introductory section... from where I was sitting, it was kind of hard to put my finger on just what the sound was and after playing the section over a half dozen times, I finally got up to get a closer listen..... as I got up to the speaker, I suddently realized it was the harpist breathing that I was now hearing during the silence between the phrases which I had never heard before... I was totally amazed... with these cables I'm able to hear a lot of things in the music I never heard before... a single pair is bound to be an improvement over what you've have now.... a biwired set is just amazing.... definitely worth trying... most likely you'll be as surprised at the improvement in your system just as much as I have been...

Purchased At:   private party

Submitted by Edwin Stegman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 25, 2000

Bottom Line:
This is my second review on a Siltech product(see ST18G3 interconnect for my first)and my observations are very much alike.So far all Siltech products i have auditioned were far superior to the competition at comparable and much higher price and this one is no exception.
It is very neutral and gives amazing soundstage.Bass is tremendous and highs are brillant and cristal clear.
The quality is superb and i myself find its hi gloss blue exterior finish very appealing (thats just a bonus over its sonic capabilities).
It's a super cable at a very reasonable price.
System:
Rotel RC995 pre
Rotel RB991 power
Rotel RCD971 cd player(hotrodded by LC Audio of Denmark)
Siltech ST18G3 and SQ28G3 interconnects
WBT spade termination on speaker cable