Shunyata Research King Cobra Power Cord Speaker Cables

4.33/5 (3 Reviews)

Flagship Power cable

Submitted by KEN MCGLOWN a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 9, 2003

Bottom Line:
Bought a King Cobra v2 pre-owned and already burned-in. Using it now for about three weeks. I'm "SHOCKED", at what this thing did for my Musical Fidelity Nu Vista cdp. This is the most natural, transparent, detailed and dynamic power cord that I've ever heard (and I've heard a few). There just seems to be more musical information coming from this thing. Oh, and the air....It brought "Magic" to my system. The King Cobra v2 was a much better match for my cdp than the Python which works great on my Audio Magic Stealth Power Conditioner. This pc was the missing link in my system. I now have that special, refined sound that I've been searching for. Wounder what the Anaconda sounds like. The King Cobra v2 has my highest recommendation.

Purchased At:   AUDIOGON

Submitted by Larry a

Date Reviewed: May 3, 2001

Bottom Line:
Wow! These KC V2's are unbelievable. Bought two Version 2's ~three months ago; they're supernaturally excellent on every component in my system. Most noticeable? The front end. Nevertheless, this cord is even jaw-dropping on the VK75SE amplifier. Sounds from way out back in the mix come bubbling through with unreal clarity. No sound coloration here whatsoever, just immaculate purity. Almost scary.

I'm using 20amp dedicated line w/it & amp; other KC V2 sits on the P600 w/separate dedicated 20 amp line. Again, I could not believe the difference w/it on the P600, even when compared to the Viper V2.. -!!!-

Highly recommended.

BTW- Anyone getting dedicated lines must remember to keep those you'll use on your audio system ON THE SAME PHASE.

Submitted by kyle takenaga a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 13, 2000

Bottom Line:
This powercord is very good. It destroys many cords and presents a nice smooth sound. However, it lacks in
dynamics and pace. The music seems to be restrained an not completely free. Also, compared to my current ensemble cables they are somewhat grainy. The cord seems to be at its best on the transport and worst on the amp. I had 2 of these cords in my system and ended up selling both for the ensemble cord which by the way is 1\3 the price. (Others that had the King Cobra and tried the ensemble all ended up selling theirs too.) hopefully the latest version has improved these areas. Now at over $2300.00!!!!

Sennheiser: