PS Audio xStream Audio RCA interconnect Speaker Cables

4.67/5 (3 Reviews) MSRP : $149.00

Single ended interconnect, OFC copper, triple shielded, conductive PVC, offers two styles of performance, our finest connector, low capacitance, 24 carat gold plated.

Submitted by tennessee a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 20, 2004

Bottom Line:
I had purchased 2 sets of the xtreem plus at audioadvisor at 50% off.I like the cables so much that I started surfing on ebay and was able to pick up three sets of the statement cables.Like the other reviewers state,these are great cables.

Submitted by TPBrown a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 11, 2004

Bottom Line:
Let me start off saying that these cables are some of the best made cables I've ever owned, The desigin, workmanship are first rate and at $150 you can't beat them. All that aside I'll start this review with a short little tail about the Denon 2900, I bought this universal player about 1 year ago and was not a happy camper about the sound, it was good for sacd but CD was not as good as I thought it could be. I know people are going to say mod the thing but I want to see if I could tailer the sound with out voiding the warranty on the thing. Well I ended up using Black Diamond cones under it and a PS audio Prelude power cable, which helped alot. Now I was on to the interconnect game between Nordost Blue Heaven and AQ Viper with the viper winning (hint use copper with the denon) that round but I thought it could still be better! Thats were the PS Audio Statement cables come in. For $150 for a 1 meter RCA pair These cables are a godsend, They have a bold powerfull sound and do not have a hard edge like many silver based cables have and the detail come through without slapping you in the face. The bass is full and tight without that phasy overhang. Highs were just there with lightly brushed cymbals taking on floatig quality above the speakers. The mids are a little up front on vocals but the effect still not bad and I could live with it besides what male does'nt want Diana Krall singing just to them. These are a music lovers cable first and thats what it is all about!

Purchased At:   amusicdirect

Submitted by TomFromErie a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 2, 2004

Bottom Line:
This is in relation to DVD-Audio music - the 6 analog connections required for it.

I got the 4 STATEMENTS (normally $300 a pair for 1M) for only $150 per pair at Music Direct. I've had my eye on them for a couple of years. I bought a pair of the PLUS cables during 2003 and it made a huge difference in the quality of the sound, so I wanted to try the best-quality STATEMENTS for the left & right front channels and the 2 rear surrounds. WOW! What a difference, much more music getting through. As they say on the psaudio.com website - "missing info found!"

Purchased At:   amusicdirect.com