Nordost 2 Flat Speaker Cables

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

2Flat is a unique, ultra flat, extruded speaker cable that is thinner than a credit card. It consists of two rectangular, solid, OFC conductors extruded with a white FEP jacket. The 2Flat has very low inductance and capacitance because of its flat construction.

Submitted by John DiFonso a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 21, 2003

Bottom Line:
Sweet, warm sounding wire. This is the best wire for a clear, smooth midrange I've ever heard. What can I say, this is excellent wire, even casual listeners can notice the difference over Nordost 2flat and cheapo wire.
Bought some Nakamichi cable plugs and hooked them to some 2flat as an interconnect...SWEET sounding connection.

Purchased At:   Received as gift

Submitted by Jusp a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2003

Bottom Line:
Well what can I say: Until this moment I've been sceptical, when audio nuts said that cables makes a difference (I thought they just wanted to justify that they've spent fortunes on ordinary cobber).
I had the opportunity to try the cables for free and return them if I was disappointed (I'm not). The sound of my equipment was too laid-back, and I was thinking whether new speakers or equipment was it. What I've got is a much more transparant image with more details and a tighter bass, which I (unfortunately) feel doesn't go as deep as before these cables got into my life. At 10$/meter, they are a bargain.

Purchased At:   TopSound