NBS Statement Speaker Cables

3.67/5 (6 Reviews)

Submitted by Sportsfan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 30, 2016

Bottom Line:
Beware when reading these reviews because views are often expressed without identifying the audio equipment used to arrive at these conclusions. The experienced audiophile will know that some brands of cable work particularly well with valve equipment and not so well with lean transistor equipment and vise versa. There are also issues of impedance compatibility with your equipment, so in effect these cable reviews can be quite meaningless. My advice is to borrow as many different cables as you can by using your credit card as assurity, this will be the cheapest and best way to assess which cable is for you.
PS I settled on NBS for my speaker cables and Gryphon for my interconnects.

Submitted by tangerineful a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 5, 2009

Bottom Line:
I have owned the Statement some years .I am always looking for something better cable and bought many such
as expensive Siltech etc.I have sold every time the other cables and i own still my Statement.This means
the Statement is still the best cable around.Its very musical, airy, natural etc, i will never sell this cable

Submitted by rebank a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 29, 2008

Bottom Line:
This is by far the easiest review to write - what can I say about a product that is far above the rest? At least, compared to what I have heard, which is a lot. What I have not heard are the highest offerings from PAD, MIT, and Kimber as of today. I do have a pair of 8AG cables, and I must say they are pretty close.

The value judgment is just that. Patek, Bentley, etc., are at the top for a reason, and are priced accordingly. The price is not always the reflection of the direct material cost (not on the surface, anyway), but also of R&D, and all of the experience, risks, and tribulations that a company has gone through. There is also the cost of opportunities not pursued. Please, understand all these factors, and will stop moaning. Sometimes, you can pay a lot and not get your money worth; but you cannot get the top product while paying a little. Put differently, a manufacturer can always reduce price by cutting corners, but cutting corners will never result in a better product.

As far as the opinion below goes, it serves no purpose to cast a negative view of the product performance based on its high price or social skills of its designer. 'Nuff said.

Purchased At:   Friend

Submitted by Gonzalo a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 30, 2007

Bottom Line:
Well Gang .. finally I was able to purchase despite my dislikes fpr the treatment I got from the Company owner (Mr. Walter Fields) a pair online of 1 meter interconnect of Statement quality and speaker cables (very short only 5 Ft run ) guess what I bought them for my friend in South America so i have the opportunity to try them for a couple of weeks or so.

I have to confess the cables are very good when compared to zip cord form Radio Shack, now when compared to world class cables they really do not make the top 10 list.

I had the opportunity to compare them with kimber KS series silver and Nordost Valhalla (being the Nordost the priciest of the bunch but considerably cheaper than the NBS cables I have to cunclude that in interconects NBS does not compare not in the same league anyway the Nordost was superior in every respect, teh Kimber being extraordinary cables also showed a little more of the flaws of the music in different areas.

As far as speaker cabels is convcerned the Kimber KS series was also superior to the NBS many times its price, talk about hard cable!!!! MAN!!! this is ridiculous . ..

The winner on the speaker cable competition was in this order.
A little known PSC cbale company form Australia with a combination of flat copper and siver hybrid, (outstanding!!!) then the Supra Sword cable (don't let the price fool you, this is a real keeper, if you need to show something more exotic go and buy your wife (or girlfriend) a blue diamond ring with the saved moeny (really!!!) and also the kimber KS series hybrid copper and silver.

So what is it are they good cables?? yes, they are indeed, now worth the asking price, definetely not, worth half the asking price, not even probably worth 5 to 10 % the asking price, I think there is a lot f hype on cbales anyway . .
Some cables are really deliver the goods.

Now my body just tried a few weeks back the power cords from NBS and he like them a lot though he encountered that the ElectraGlides were superior and entirely at a different level, now you find online Electraglide cables for very good savings, at more realistic prices, funny he also liked the Shunyatas a lot beter also.

Do yourself a favor and compare these super expensive and super hard cables with some good stuff from Nordost, Kimber and Electra Glide you will be glad you did. don't trust anyone but yor ears.
Now go and have a listen and compare them in the same system with the musica you're used to.

Mistery revealed, cased closed for me I'm glad I had the opportunity to review these products for a little while, I'm happy I did.

Thanks for reading I hope this helps a little.

Gonzalo

Purchased At:   online used

Submitted by Gonzalo a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 4, 2007

Bottom Line:
I called Mr Walter Fields today and tried to do business with him he is the owner of NBS.
After he did not reply to my e-mail requests I decided to call him, introduce myself and try to give him an order for a friend of mine in Souh America that wanted me to buy for him a couple of these cables.
Being very familiar with Cardas, Shunyata, Kimber Kable, and a few other good ones, I could benefit form listening to those cables for a couple of days and get a pretty good idea of teh quality/value, etc.
When I talk to this gentleman i get insulted, he is very rude and vulgar, very non conducive of business.

I don't know weather he is mentally ill or just plain old ignorant and brute.
Does not speak of a person that has the capability to design sonic wonders and the sensitivity to express the many musical textures that a good cable is capable of conveying, as I was sincerely hoping for.

Never was I insulted in such manner while trying to do business with a fellow American in our homeland.

I guess reviews and product quality really don't mean much if you get treated like dirt so you can spend $6 K to $9K for a few cables, it really detracts form teh whole experience.
I honestly believe that if someone comes up with teh secret of teh great american cable and add good customer service and people skils, it will be a great hit, and please call me I'm a buyer!!

Manufacturers like this can afford to exist with such attitude only because their pricing structure allows for this gentleman in aprticular to luxuriously survive a whole month just by selling 1 or 2 cables.
Paying $9K or even more for the pleasure of purchasing a wonderful product made by wonderful people wchich you even enjopy talking to, absolutely!
Now paying a brute rude ingorant that will take your $9K (not mine!!) and treat you like dirt with the attitude and content this gentleman has and call it value??
Absolutely not!
Strongly suggest to give hima call and see what kind of tretment you get for your small fortune spent and if not satisfied, take your business where you are really wanted and your money can be of blessing to many, not to a single entity that has "delusions of grandeure" .
Only in America My Firend! someone like this could last mnore than 5 minutes in business that's why I love this Country, but then "The Land of teh Free" as fee that I am I'll take my money (hard earned) where they trate me with teh most basic repsect i know I deserve and earned.

Main point: if youa re going to spend some time developing a good product you need to get paid for your R & D and taht's a fact, now when you deliver $35 worth of componebnts and materials and about $50 worth of labor and charge some $6,000 for it, you better do it with a lot of courtesy well mannered and very respecful of your customer. Otherwise you're niot even worth your weight in water . . .. or wind in this case . . .

As far as I am concerned I;ll keep my curiosity but enjoy teh reatment I get form the other good guys in the industry.
I'm sorry I really work for my money and respect myself too much to allow this.

As you read this do as you please it's your money and tehn again it's only money . . right? right!

Hope this helps a little and not let anyone disrespect you.

God Bless;