Monster Cable XPHP Speaker Cables

4.14/5 (7 Reviews) MSRP : $34.95

• Store Promotions Shipping Price

Monster introduces the most advanced compact high-performance speaker cable in the universe. This product features Compact Time Correct windings for more accurate music reproduction, a Patented Magnetic Flux Tube construction breaks up internal magnetic fields for more natural music reproduction, Linear Polyethlylene (LPE) insulation reduces dielectric signal loss for greater clarity, and a unique round shape with smooth, flexible jacket and EZ-tear center web for easy installation.

Submitted by know nothing a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 2, 2011

Bottom Line:
This reveiw is for the CL-rated in-wall version of the Monster XPHP speaker wire.

This is a terrific product offered at an affordable price. I have used several brands of cables from Monster, AudioQuest (four different grades), XLO, Radioshack and others, and have listened to many others in dealer showrooms, exhibitions and at friends homes. The CL-rated Monster XPHP Clear Jacket wire compares very favorably to others I have used and listened to based on cost of the product.

Sound - after letting the wire "burn-in" for several months, I listened to my system critcally and was very impressed with the overall clarity, natural midrange, and speed and articulation of the bass. I am using small Totem Arro floorstanding speakers in my living room system that do not have overpowering bass, but the wires transmitted all the bass that was to be had. A previous reviewer has mentioned some role off in the highs with these wires. I noticed this as well, but it improved with length of burn-in, and the overall balance is commendable. Perfomance reported is with a 50 foot stereo run.

Use - Installation in the floor and walls was made simple by the great flexibility of this cable. I have used other CL rated audiophile wire and it is much stiffer and more difficult to work with. While the jacket is very pliable, it is also very tough and resists abrasion.

Cost - Great value given the performance of this wire, a little over a dollar a foot.

Overall Recommendation - this is a terrific sounding wire for the money and very easy to install. Highly recommended.

System used:

CL-rated Monster XPHP Clear Jacket speaker wire - 50 foot run
Totem Acoustic Arro speakers

Submitted by Ass a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 7, 2010

Bottom Line:
good tweeter
good mid
superbass
cheap
u know what i use it with simaudio moon i-1 usher s-520 speaker
it sounds lively richbass color
forget cardas or kimber

Submitted by dan skootsky a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 24, 2006

Bottom Line:
I hooked up a 20ft pair for the rear speakers. Sound is definately improved. This cable sounds better than the thicker 'orignial style' monster cable that I have on the front. The sound is very lively and detailed, probably due to that time correct windings. Having such good luck with monster cable that I plan on purchasing some biwire for the front. I have some older monster xp on the center channel and I didn't notice that much improvement as I got on this.

Purchased At:   radio shack

Submitted by Yaohui a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 2, 2003

Bottom Line:
I am currently in high school, and I bought a system few months ago, which consisted of a Onkyo TX-SR500 receiver(referb),a Onkyo DX-C380(referb), Monster Cable digital fiber optic, Monster Cable XPHP speaker cable, and a pair of Polk R30 speaker.This system oringinally cost over $1000, but I get it luckly for under $500.This cable produced deep and tight bass, mid is clear and rich, but the high is a little bit "cut-off", you will notice especially when you listen to clasical music with violin. Compare this cable to the same price range cables, I think it's a really a good choice.

Purchased At:   J&R

Submitted by bmwuk a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 27, 2003

Bottom Line:
A year ago, I would have stated the same reviews as the reviewers prior to me. However, I recently upgraded my speaker wire to Straight Wire Stage series and although the Stage was definitely more expensive, I will say that it brought up every issue that this speaker wire was lacking.

In the defense of the XPHP, it is relatively inexpensive at $1.10/ft and gives you a jump over the standard cables you may find in mass market stores, plus it is relatively compact.

However, when I hooked up the XPHP to my recently upgraded Pioneer Elite receiver, I noticed that the bass was very anemic. At first, I went crazy because I thought it was the receiver. In addition, my ears kept on waiting for more detailed highs and mids that I would have expected. However, that was not the case. I replaced out the wires with the Stage and everything that was anemic and "not open" suddenly opened up and was way more detailed.

Overall, I would say that for $1.10/ft, it is a decent jump in wire from the standard wire. But if you have a mid range system (not HTIB or low end), I would recommend stepping up a level or two and getting better speaker wire. Your ears will definitely notice the difference.

Purchased At:   Sound Waves, Cincinn

Monster XPHP vs Straight Wire Quartet

Hi, I'm currently running 6ft monster xphp from my Onkyo SR603 to B&W 602.5 fronts. Do you think changing to Straight Wire Quartet will make any difference. As such I'm quite satisfied with the sound.Read More »