Monster Cable Monster J2DVD-CHP10 Video Ultra-Hi Res Component Video Cable Speaker Cables

Submitted by Sanlyn a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 3, 2003

Bottom Line:
I have to confess, after having wasted good money on pricey Monster audio (and, fortunately, was able to get my money back), I tried this MonsterCable component a/v set. Really, now, Monster isn't kidding: they really do charge up to $69.95 for this 5-dollar product. I was so enraged at the poor video from this product, I told the store salesman I'd never shop there again until his store stopped pushing MonsterCable and started carrying other brands. The color balance and flesh tones, overal noise levels, not to mention a number of subtle but visible visual distortions on DVD movies and cable, the loss of contrast, blocking up of reds and shadows, and the grungy sound from their audio wire -- I replaced this product with a $12 set from Radio Shack, only because my cat chewed up the originals that came with my DVD setup. Believe it or not, the picture was better with both the RS cheapies and the originals. Monster had great stuff 10 years ago; those days, I fear, are no longer with us.

Purchased At:   The Wiz

Submitted by Arunas a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2001

Bottom Line:
I'm assembling kind of mini home theather system and just recently added a new Sony DVD player and 27 inch Panasonics TV set. I wanted a high quality component video cable to connect the two and I have got Monster component video cable. I have connected my DVD player to TV and enjoyed the newfound clarity of the picture for a while. Then I have connected an audio-video cable that came with DVD player to component connections of my TV and DVD - big surprise here - there was no difference whatsoever between the $7 and $70 cables. I have connected those cables back and forth for about 20 times hoping to see any difference - colors, sharpness, anything, but the picture was really identical.

I guess, my TV is too small to note any differences, but this Monster Overpice cable goes back to the store. I wouldn't even pay 15 bucks for it.

The previous reviever certainly works for Monster - review looks like PR material from the manufacturer.

Purchased At:   BestBuy

Submitted by gracie a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 14, 2001

Bottom Line:
previos to using monster power using first a low end
s-video connection among other inexpensive cables
on a high quality tv i thought looked good enough.
then after seeing a demonstation at a seminar displaying
monster products with non- monster products amazed me.
like a gush of warm wind on a beautiful day rather
than that feeling of looking through a dirty window
on a rainy night while driving. you know that easier
to see through window on a rainy night as opposed to
a dirty window that i strain to look through. yeah, i
guess clear viewing vs. staining to view is just a
pleasantness to have and so is which i discovered
with monster and that junky stuff.
also i would say pick from usually three different
levels of cable for your products. like for your
inexpensive stuff use the basic monster cables and
midgrade for midgrade stuff and for highend stuff use
the best monster offers. monster can offer the best
for your needs in practically every cable you have
with you electronic products.

Purchased At:   circuit city